Tuesday, June 29, 2004

THE RAIN

rain, spattering against my window.......lightning flashing.  makes me feel a little sad, yet calms me.  i have always loved the rain.  nothing more refreshing than walking slowly in a soft spring or summer rain.  better to be holding the hand of someone dear.

 

 

 

 

 

I like the rain

Falling light on garden beds

Soaking down into cool, muddy earth


I like the rain

Heavy on tin roof, drowns out voices in the night

Roaring through gutters and down pipes


I like the rain

Especially when it stops suddenly, like a morning shower twisted off

And all the earth is fresh

And bright.

 

I wish you a rainstorm

I wish for you a rainstorm
that lasted for a day;
To wash away your sadness
and give you time to pray.
It would cover up your tears,
and then you’d surely see
That rainbows follow rainstorms
to brighten land and sea.

The grass seems a shade greener
the sky a dazzling blue;
Flowers open up closed buds,
the air feels crisp and new.
Everything seems fresh again,
the old was washed away;
Everything is clean again,
to start a brand new day.

Sometimes saddened hearts are like
the storm clouds that cause rain;
That wash us with such sadness
and fill us with such pain.
But when the rain has ended
you’ll look outside and see
The colors of a rainbow
to fill your heart with glee.

I wish for you a rainstorm 
simply because I care.
May it wash away your pain
and let you know I’m there;
Whenthe rain clouds dull your sky
now you will surely know
That when the storm is over
I will be your rainbow.

author unknown 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love the poem that is very sweet!

Anonymous said...

I like this poem very much. Paula