Wednesday, February 8, 2006

MY WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY PRESENTS

i was waiting to get my film developed so that i could add a picture of what i am about to tell you about. but i haven't done that yet, so i will go ahead and write about my presents, and will add pictures later after i get them developed.

my birthday was back on january 15.  yes, i celebrate with the famous martin luther king jr.  usually michael sends me flowers, beautiful long stem roses.  but this year he tricked me.  he sent to my workplace, on friday before my sunday birthday, a box from 1-800-flowers.  it was too small to be a dozen long stemmed roses, so i was a bit confused.  everyone at work was all excited and impatient to see what michael had sent me. 

i opened the box in their presence and to my surprise there were no flowers inside.  instead, there was a beautiful white-washed heart-shaped wicker basket filled with spa treatment items.  included: bath salts, bath gel, body lotion, a loofah mitt, a note pad, a journal, a scented candle, all in lavender and purple.  there was also a beautiful red perfume bottle with a lead crystal top to fill with whatever scent you wished.  the red was perfect, since my birthstone is the garnet.

the sweetest note was attached from michael.  he may not think he is, but he is a very romantic man.

a few days later he gave me a really cute card and a texas hold-em poker set.......yep he is trying to teach me texas hold-em poker so that i can enter one of the vegas tournaments and win big time.  he knows that i have never lost a hand of poker in my life, so he is putting his bets on me, lol.  (the note he wrote in the card started with:  "now you are playing with a full deck" because i am now 52, the number of cards in a standard deck, lol).

michael, though i haven't made that nice THANK YOU card for you yet, and maybe i didn't seem to be as excited about the gifts as you thought i should be, but i adore everything you give me because you pick each thing out and they are always from your heart. 

MICHAEL  S. PATRICIA, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i am not happy with the photo, it has ghosties in it.........but these are the gifts that were in the flowers box..............the pic of the basket "open" didn't take obviously.........sigh..........

I TOOK ANOTHER PHOTO OF THE PRESENT MICHAEL SENT.......OPEN THIS TIME, AND THE FILM ISN'T OVEREXPOSED, LOL.

No comments: