Friday, May 26, 2006

UTOPIA (A FAIRY TALE)

Once upon a time there was a girl who dreamed of being a princess.  Her thoughts often wondered to unicorns, castles and crystal sparkling waters.  She also dreamed she would

someday meet her fair prince and they would live happily ever after in their castle.

 

 

Of course, we all know that this scenario seldom

happens.  Our lives are structured by ourselves and

our circumstances.  There are many things that happen

that are beyond our control, as there are some we

can control.  Making bad choices in life can ruin

a life....if allowed to do so.  If we can reach deep inside

ourselves and find the strength that God has given us

at birth to draw on in times of need, we can often

turn the bad around and create something good from it.

 

 

I, personally, have made some really bad choices in my life,

many of which I truly regret.  Some of my bad decisions

have resulted in something truly great happening in my

life.  I consider it God’s Heavenly Sandpaper.  He uses

the bad decision to teach me something.

 

 

I have discovered that if I go into a new situation depressed and

defeated, the situation will become a bad experience.  If  I face

the situation with hope, determination and a good attitude, it

usually becomes a positive experience.

 

 

I am still learning daily how to live my life positively instead of

negatively.  It is a never ending struggle, but I realize that part

of my character is built from adversity.  I still have down days,

and wonder why should I even bother to get out of bed.  Then I

look outside my window and see the sunshine, the trees, the

children playing on the church school playground and I

remember why I should get up each and every day.......life.  God

gave us this life.  Would we take a precious gift from an earthly

friend and throw it away??  Trash it??  Most likely not.  Then

why God’s gift?  The most precious thing we have on this earth is

our life........live it to the fullest.  And when you don’t feel the

strength or hope to move forward, call on The Father to help and

guide you.

 

 

Each of us has what it takes inside.  Sometimes we just have to

humble ourselves and ask for help................

No comments: