Wednesday, October 4, 2006

SOMETHING TO MAKE YOU CHUCKLE

a dear friend in another state sends me these things from time to time and i often just chuckle to myself and move on.  but i felt we all needed a little laugh now and then, so am sharing this with you.  after all, something that makes me laugh out loud at the library is worthy of repeating..........enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make
their days interesting.


Well, for example, the other day I went down town and went into a shop. I was
only in there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing
out a parking ticket.

I went up to him and said, "Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break"?

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a "Nazi."
He glared at me and started writing another ticket for having worn
tires. So I called him a "doughnut eating Gestapo." He finished the
second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.

Then he started writing a third ticket. This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more I abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't care. I came down town on the bus and the car that
he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said "Hillary in 08."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this friend also sent this in email and i had to share it with you as well.  it is the "senior citizen" version of Jesus Loves Me. 

       JESUS LOVES ME

            Jesus loves me, this I know,
            Though my hair is white as snow.
            Though my sight is growing dim,
            Still He bids me trust in Him.

            (CHORUS)
 
            YES, JESUS LOVES ME... YES, JESUS LOVES ME...
            YES, JESUS LOVES ME FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO.

            Though my steps are oh, so slow,
            With my hand in His I'll go
            On through life, let come what may,
            He'll be there to lead the way.

            (CHORUS)
 
            Though I am no longer young,
            I have much which He's begun.
            Let me serve Christ with a smile,
            Go with others the extra mile.

            (CHORUS)
 
            When the nights are dark and long,
            In my heart He puts a song.
            Telling me in words so clear,
            "Have no fear, for I am near."
           
            (CHORUS)

            When my work on earth is done,
            And life's victories have been won.
            He will take me home above,
            Then I'll understand His love
 
            (CHORUS)
           
            I love Jesus, does He know?
            Have I ever told Him so?
            Jesus loves to hear me say,
            That I love Him every day.

that pretty much sums it up, don't you think????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the parking ticket one.  I have heard several versions of it in the past, but makes me smile every time.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

The parking ticket one reminds me when a friend of mine bought a new plush car. A cop stopped her for speeding. She told me she told him she was a widow on a fixed income and he just kept on writing. Paula