Friday, August 8, 2008

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO HUMANITY?

just a brief entry tonight about my visit from my landlord yesterday.

i had set up an appointment with him for august 7 to come over and do an apartment inspection.  he has been trying to do one since the first of june, but he never seems to be able to find the time to get over here.

i had told him i would be available until 4 pm.  i had an appointment in another town about 30 minutes away at 5 pm.  i sit here all day waiting on him, and he drags his butt in at 3:30 pm

let me preface this next paragraph with a little note.  i have been purchasing furniture and other items of decor from work since i started working there.  i have more or less placed all the items in piles around the house, due to the fact i haven't been able to get my big furniture out of storage and into the house.  it appears cluttered, but not nasty or dirty.  there is also a leak in the guest bedroom ceiling that prevents me from putting anything on that side of the room, thus, i am limited as to where i can put items.

immediately he said it was extremely cluttered and he didn't know how i was able to get around in there.  he inspected the leak and didn't seem too eager to see about getting it fixed.  he then inspected the kitchen, saying it looked clean.  he walked into the bedroom and was once again "appalled" by the amount of "stuff" in there.  he never even went into the den or bathroom area.  (and he never spotted my fat cat).

while he was in the kitchen, he noticed a box of baked doritoes chips and sunchips.  it is a very large box and is full of snack size bags of chips.  i get them at the food pantry in cases and eat them until we cannot stand them anymore.  then i take the rest to work with me for all the folks there to eat.  he asked me why i had such a large box of chips there.  i told him what i just stated above and asked if he wanted any, and he immediately stated "NO!".  he didn't seem very concerned about the box at that time.  he told me he was going to return in a month to check the status of the "piles of stuff" around the house.

today, when i got home from work, there was a note on my stair post addressed to me.  i won't go into it all, but he was saying he would return on the 28th to recheck the apartment.  then he said "in no way would i have allowed these articles, i.e., materials, food, filled bags and boxes, and other items stored in my home."  SO I AM NOT SUPPOSED TO EAT???!!!!  he has stepped over the line as far as i am concerned.  and i fully intend on telling him so.  i am very thankful to the food pantry for giving us food when we fall short each month on being able to buy groceries outright.  but now i am being told that i cannot have bulk items in my house??!!  i thought we lived in a land of democracy, not dictatorship.  i have to handle this properly or i will end up paying a stiff price.  but i do not intend to let him run over me like this. 

once again i come to you with complaints.  sorry, but i have to vent.

hope everyone else is doing well out there in j-land.

i am boycotting the olympics by not watching them.  my reasons are strictly personal, and i still hope the americans win much gold.  i just won't be watching them do so.  i don't agree with china's policies on many things, as well as how 6000 homes were destroyed to build the "bird's nest".  i also feel the quality of air there is not conducive for any type of sports.

i am currently trying to eradicate the 1000 emails i have amassed, so better return to my chore.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He needs to be handed a pamphlet of renters rights.  He can't legally do that or harrass it.  At any rate it would make me nervous and I would be extremely upset.   If you are on a month to month basis as a renter he can terminate with 30 days notice.  I've dealt with inhumane landlords too in the past and it was a scary and upsetting thing for me.  Caused fear for years.  

I hope you can get some resolution without it being bad for you.

Nelishia

Anonymous said...

Goodness do hope that he will be ok when he comes back.  can you try to hide some of the things that he is objecting to ?  It shouldn't be any of his business I shoudl think how much you keep or store so long as there is no danger of infestations etc.  (the cats would soon see them away !!)  anyway there must be some rules and regulations about renting and what can be expected from both parties...do look into it before you say anything to him...you don't want to be out in the street !!!  Look aftet yourself.   Love  Sybil xxx

Anonymous said...

i agree with you on two things first the chips are your buisness as long as they are not open and drawing things.
and two he has no right to pick on neat clutter. if it is on the floor and strewn all over drawing things then no
but what is wrong with living with boxes? as long as they are tidy. I would report the leak to a higher authority
and say it prevents you putting things in a room you pay for.
I have in the syracuse ny paper a article about a boy who's mom passed on
and how the landlord waited till the boy returned from the funeral to evict him immediately
the mans complaint the boy was a teen
no papers no nothing
just kicked him out

Anonymous said...

Hey Regina,  sorry I haven't been by much lately...well at least not left any comments.  I've just had a bunch of things going on lately that have really occupied my time and attention.  It has also made me to where I really don't have the capacity to keep up with too much outside of my own little world.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Your landlord is a nutcase. As long as you dont damage the property, he hasn't got the right to tell you what to put in the home.