Saturday, November 26, 2005

RETAIL

i am glad today is over.......my feet hurt so badly (michael, that is your cue to rub my feet honey) and my eyes and head ache as well.  i am still angry over the way certain co-workers acted tonight. 

but there is one redeeming point..........my current full time job, working as a sales associate/cashier/dept. manager as of today became my part time job.  monday, hopefully, i start my new job as a data entry clerk for a local county court system.  almost double the pay per hour as my old job, and a full 40 hours a week, as opposed to 18-25 hours a week on the old job.

i will still be working weekends at the craft store, but i have to admit, i will not miss them during the week............

i have ranted about working retail before here in this journal.  dornbrau (as well as many other j-land readers) know what i am talking about.  there are the wild and destructive kids, the inconsiderate and rude adults, and the teenagers who are totally disrespectful.  it is time for me to have a dull quiet uneventful job.

i actually prayed for God to let me have a dull data entry job, so see, He does answer prayer, so be careful what you ask for.

i know i will probably have to start wearing a "wide load" sign on my behind from sitting 40 hours a week, but at least my feet won't hurt so badly.

i must admit, though, that i will miss most of my regular customers.  they usually make my days and nights much brighter and happier.  i told them all to come see me on the weekends, when i will still be there putting up with the public's garbage.

just a reminder to all of you out there in the world that have never worked retail...........treat the cashiers and sales people as you would like to be treated (unless you are a sadist) and remember they have to work long, hard hours, with little pay, and put up with alot of bullhockey from people.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I worked retail most of my life except for the time when I worked in a hospital.

Anonymous said...

COULD PEOPLE ACTUALY BE THAT TO WORKING PEOPLE . HOW DARE THEM. I HOPE YOUR NEW JOB IS EVERYTHING YOU WANT IT TO BE SWEETY. WE ALL DESERVE GOOD JOBS AND GOOD PAY FOR GIVING UP OUR TIME.
                                 XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX MICHAEL