Thursday, April 20, 2006

THE LOSS OF A SOUL

i just opened my emails and found something that has really hit me hard.........the passing of someone i never met in real life, but someone whom i thought highly of and who fought a hard battle with cancer...............PAMELA CARYL HILGER.  she passed on april 16 of this year..........6 days after her birthday.  PAM YOU WILL BE MISSED NOT ONLY BY THE AOL JOURNAL COMMUNITY, BUT BY MANY FRIENDS AND FAMILY MEMBERS.................

Preview   

Preview

Preview

Pamela Caryl Hilger April 10, 1956 - April 16, 2006

an entry from pam's journal:

"most days the patients sit chatting quietly with each another .. yesterday morning there was a woman and her husband there i had seen on several occasions .. she was always quiet, never making a fuss .. just sitting there in those sexy hospital gowns in a hat on that reminded me of Gilligan's Island

"i pulled my chaircloser to hers and inquired, polietly, about her condition .. althoughher husband tried to interject on several occasions (to save his wife the effort of breathing i suppose) i really DID want to talk to her, to her hear side of her story .. pretty soon her gracious husband "got it" and was content to sit back and listen .. then i asked if her Gilligans hat held any sentimemtal significance .. she shook her head no

"i pulled my hand crocheted chemo cap from my head (i was wearing my black and green one) and then i asked her if she'd noticed my chemo cap that was crocheted by a friend of mine .. she ran her hand over the cap, exclaimed how soft it was .. i encouraged her to put it on so we could see what it looked like .. and she looked like a queen .. a chemo cap fit for a queen .. just about that time my technician came to fetch me and i told her to keep the cap, it looks like it was made just for her and she looks beautiful

"and tomorrow i know when i see my new friend, she'll have a smile on her face and a beautiful new chemo cap on her head .. its amazing, even when you're at your sickest, just doing a little something to make you feel pretty sure does do a long way"

thank you for the smiles while you were here pamela!

MAY YOU FINALLY BE AT REST......................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful person!!
I'm sorry to hear of your pain at her passing but you are right in that she can finally be without pain ~ a life with Our Lord will be a wonderful blessing for her!!  I'm amazed at the shots you have; she always looks so happy & courageous.  She must've been one helluva woman, and how blessed that you got the honour of being her friend!  God bless her & you ~ Your Loving Bud, as Always, Me

Anonymous said...

I find great comfort in the belief that Pamela really is a peace now.