Wednesday, July 5, 2006

WHAT HAPPENS.............

What Happens..............................

 

What happens to one’s spirit,

When it ceases to soar?

 

What happens to one’s heart,

When love closes its door?

 

What happens to one’s soul,

When there is no longer hope?

 

What happens to someone

When they can no longer cope?

 

Spirits were created to soar on wings of gold………..

 

Hearts were created to love, unconditionally…………

 

Souls were created to exist as hope of the future………..

 

People were created to soar, love and hope………………..

 

It only takes a single event to cause a spirit to crash, a heart to break, a soul to lose hope and someone to lose their desire to exist.

 

(by Regina Watkins)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunningly beautiful & real ~ I wonder if this is one of the new entries to the poetry contests you enter & win so often... Yes, just exactly what does happen... the no longer hope & cope is spot on GF!  I'm so tired of this existance... Thanx for reassuring me that I am not alone ~ Take care of yourself, GF.  TTYL & BB.

Anonymous said...

I love this, thanks for sharing and thank you for commenting in my journal :) Sorry it took me so long to get here.

Gretchen
http://journals.aolc.com/ksgal3133/LivinginSavannah2