Saturday, September 8, 2007

HEARTACHE, and other stuff

i guess i thought all my ills were over when i was able to pay all my bills this month and have a tad left over for gas and emergencies.  but instead, i have a worse ill.  my daughter.  she has broken my heart once again by coming over to my house and demanding things i cannot do, accusing me of things in the past that i can't do anything about now.  and when i tell her how much i love her, she calls me a drama queen.  she is taking psychology in college and it is her major as well, so i guess our entire relationship is her guinea pig............

i pray she will stop blaming me for everything in the past and realize how much i gave up for her to be in the position she is in.  i don't want any glory.......just her respect.  sigh.

i have been gathering things for halloween, since i truly love the holiday.  i am a Christian, but still love the ghoulish air of the holiday.  i went by the salvation army store to see my friends and ended up coming home with a round moon sign with a light up bat with red eyes on it, and the word boo.  i also brought home a man......well sorta.......it is a costume of the grim reaper, without his scythe.  my house mate and i plan on decorating the front porch for halloween trick or treaters, and we will stuff the grim reaper and make him a schythe, and he will make a great addition to our halloween setting.  i am going to be a gypsy and have all my stuff reader.  i will be buying some dry ice for the smoke in the caldron.  now i need a caldron, lol.

the dollar tree had some really great tombstones (styrofoam) and some spider web material.  i have actually only spent $6 on all this stuff.  and my housemate has some dismembered hands and hanging bats.  i can't wait till october.......................oh and it is also michael's birthday month...........that little devil.

i haven't been feeding the kitties lately.  i give them water and then about every third day i feed them.  that way there are no ants all over the place.  several nights ago i went to feed them and mama kitty hissed the whole time but came into the house and looked around, then went back out and ate.  silly kitty.

i probably won't be back online again till my next off day, so i hope and pray everyone has a good week.  thanks again to all my readers, whether you comment or not.  hopefully i will be able to write something actually interesting.  i wrote a new poem after my encounter with my daughter, but i didn't put it on my flashdrive, so i don't have it with me today.  maybe i will add it here later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good week, Regina.

Anonymous said...

I know that relationships with family can be some of the rockiest relationships there can be.  I don't know if it helps, but I spent many years having a rough relationship with my Mother, but about the time college rolled around I really started to see all the sacrifices that she had made to make things possible for me.  Regardless of all the times I told her I hated her as a child, she knew I loved her deep down, and these days I'm actually able to pay her back for all she did to make my life as good as possible.  I hope that this is the case with your daughter, and she comes around.  There is nothing better than the Mother/child relationship.

Greg

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) I know all too well how a daughters hateful comments can hurt! Give it time and continue to love her despite her protest you don't. My own is finally coming around after having lived on what she makes in wages. I think she finally understands the hardships I went through for her. Hang in there dear heart, we were all in our childrens places not too long ago. Time will be the healing factor here. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I also know how it is to have a daughter break your heart.  I think of you and two other J-Landers and myself that are 'going through it' right now with daughter drama.  Pray for us and we'll remember you too.
Take care, Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/