Friday, September 28, 2007

HI TO ALL

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood..........la la la.  ok, so it is hot here in georgia.  87 degrees...........and almost october.  whew!  but come january, i will probably be yelling for someone to bring back the 87 degree weather.  i just hate sweating.  if my car a/c worked, i wouldn't be as ill about the weather.  i have to try and get that fixed by next summer.

i still haven't heard a word from my daughter.  i hope she is well and things are looking up for her.  hopefully some day she will see my side of things.  i can always dream and hope, right??

my general manager still hasn't said a word about my 4-year-old raise.  my next step is going to the labor board to see what they might be able to do. 

i still see 3 of the kitties at least 3-4 times a week.  mama kitty is always on the porch when i open the back door, hissing at me, but running around my legs begging for food.  i wish she would let me pick her up and love on her.  she needs some human loving.  blacky,, the older, fluffy black cat, came up the other night and i was giving them hot dogs.  he wouldn't come up on the porch so i threw a hot dog in his direction.  um, and i hit him on the head, lol.  he ran down a few steps, then back up and started eating it. 

i have to buy a used tire today.  the tread is coming off my passenger side front tire.  i have been running on a wing and a prayer. 

my house mate asked me to help her this past wednesdayi wasn't sure what she wanted help with when she first asked me.  when i found out, i felt sorry for her.  she is the founder and producer of a local city's newsletter.  she has to solicit ads for the newsletter, and then when they pay for their ads, she puts the multi page newsletter together and submits it to a printer, and then she distributes the newsletters to the city via driving around neighborhoods and throwing them out onto the driveways.  she had recently found someone who would run the newsletters through a machine that would address them from an address list and then would mail them at a bulk mail rate.  the woman did one route, then never got back to my housemate.  thus, she held the rest of the newsletters hostage.........for 3 weeks.......and never got back in touch with my housemate to have them mailed out or get them back to her.  so my housemate had to purchase large quantities of zip lock baggies and i helped her stuff them, then distribute them by tossing out the window of her car in neighborhoods.  we worked on it for 5 hours.  she plans to pay me for it, which i will accept, but i did feel sorry for her.  she is going to have to refund ad money to several of the vendors for not getting the newsletter out in time for their events.  it is a true shame that people do people this way.  if the woman didn't want to mail them out, or bother with them anymore, all she had to do was call my housemate and tell her and have her pick them up.  then they could have been mailed out in time to do some good.  humanity never ceases to amaze me in how they treat others.  thank goodness i know God and that things will be so different UP THERE! 

i want to thank those who gave me words of encouragement on my last entry.  your prayers and thoughts are always welcomed.  mine go out to all of you as well.

i did want to mention something.  anyone who watched the emmys already knows about this.  but in case you are like me, and couldn't care less about those stupid award shows, this is what went on.  i know that some of my readers are probably agnostic, atheist, or part time Christians, and this may not in any way affect you.  but being a Christian, it bothered me when my friend, carl, sent me an email about this and a link to a petition to sign.  so i am posting it here for you to decide what you wish to do about it.  if the picture doesn't show up, it is just a pic of those in kathy griffin's group that won the emmy

this is taken directly from kathy's official website.  this is what she actually said during her receipt of the emmy.  may God hold her accountable and may she find Salvation and Jesus.

GOLD GOES QUITE WELL WITH RED...EMMY WIN :: NEWSBLAST

Hmmm....gold site. Hell yes. Welcome to the home of the EMMY AWARD WINNING KATHY GRIFFIN. If you have not heard yet, Kathy and the gang have picked up the Emmy for best reality series during the 2007 Primetime Emmy Awards. Kathy didn't take long to slip into red carpet mode after the announcement with what will go down as one of the best quotes in Emmy history, "Can you believe this shit? Hell has frozen over. Suck it, Jesus, this award is my god now."

to sign the petition, click here:   http://www.miracletheater.com

i hope everyone has a great weekend. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really is terrible what happened to your roomate.  I tell you though, it is getting to be more the norm than the exception that people will screw you when you are not looking.  I hate that for her, and hope that things do eventually work out for her and the newsletter.  As far as Kathy Griffin goes, I didn't see the awards show as I really don't care for them at all....and this is the main reason.  The people that win awards always make it about their few minutes of fame and what "statement" they want to make about things.  Honestly, she is getting exactly what she wants by this petition going around.  She is getting talked about, and bad press is just as beneficial as good press to her.  She made some waves, and now everyone is talking about her, so she will get more viewers for her reality show....she wins.  I chose to not give her a second thought and therefore she holds no importance in my life...she loses.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch the Emmy's and it seems I missed nothing.  I am so sorry about the dirty way your room mate was done.  This is more the norm for people these days than not.  I think it's a Galations 5 behavior.  You see many people these days who are 'part time' Christians but how?  The commenter below had a valid point that makes me stop and think about what to do.  I think alot of prayer that God will send someone to witness to her and pray that her heart will open to hear might be more effective.  She doesn't have any idea what she said. She is of the world and we should not be surprised when she acts like it.  
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

Hey Regina,

How is everything? I didn't see the emmy's either. I know I haven't written in ages. I need to catch up with EVERYTHING from others journals. I've had a bad summer....wrote about it in my journal. Gotta go...come by and read my journal if you have time. I will be glad to hear from you. Sorry I haven't written more.

Sharon