Friday, August 31, 2007

I GOT AT LEAST ONE OF THEM..........

yep, i am back again today.............i had to come back to town to cash my check, so decided to stop by and run off some things from microsoft word.

i went to my work to pick up my paycheck and was elated........a word i don't often use in the same sentence with anything pertaining to work.  not only did i have 5 hours more than i thought i had, but i had gotten a raise.............well, sorta, lol.  that is if you call 16 cents an hour a raise, lol.  when i started with the company, i never got my very first raise, which was a whole 25 cents.  for the last 3.5 years i have been asking our new general manager why i didn't get it and for him to submit it for me.  all i ever got in response was:  blame it on the previous general manager.  she never turned in an appraisal form.  sheeeeesh.........i don't care why it wasn't done then, i want it done NOW!!!  well about 2 months ago, i was called into the office and told to fill out another form, as the office manager lost the first one.  it was a form requesting the original 25 cent raise.  i filled out the info and signed it, and here i sit, still waiting for it to kick in.  so when i got the raise in this paycheck, i was excited until i realized it was only for 16 cents, which means it is only my yearly raise.  but heck, i will take what i can get for now.  when i get that other raise, i will actually be making about what most people start off at.  sigh.................i need to find something else................HELP!!!

usually when i come to the library, i complain about the kids and cell phones that are making so much noise.  well, not today..............i just had an elderly couple sit down next to me................i mean, probably in their 80's or more, and they are talking out loud (probably because they have trouble hearing).  sigh...........why me??!!

i have an update on the kitties...........when i went in the kitchen to fix some cereal i looked out my back window and on the lower roof (over the entryway to my housemate's apartment), snuggled together against the drainpipe, were two of my babies, ditto and gray.  i looked on the porch and there was rocky.  so i guess that day old hamburger meat i fried up for them last night and put out brought them all back home; all except mama kitty, blacky, oreo and whitey.  of course, that bunch could have snuck back in during the night.  rocky is the prettiest, and is as cross-eyed as he/she can be.  typical siamese, lol

i have changed my kitty's diet to iams indoor and she doesn't like me much.  to help her lose weight, i have to feed her 1/4 cup in the morning and 1/4 cup in the evening.  she is used to having a kitty smorgasbord, with the container being open for her pleasure and convenience all day long.  now she meows loudly for me to FEED HER!!!  i know how she feels though, having had to diet myself in the past.  i meowed a lot too, lol.

i am going by the salvation army to see my friend Polly and take her a bracelet for her birthday.  i guess i need to get up from here and get busy.  i was going to get up at 8 am and head out to run all my errands, but kept hitting the snooze button till almost noon.  i DO love to sleep.

hopefully i will be able to get home access to the internet and won't have to come here to my old hometown to the library.  my home wifi isn't working at all since the big thunderstorm 2 months ago.  i think it hit a tower, but who knows.  i am getting someone to come look at it that would be able to tell me what i need to do.  for free, lol.

i hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your internet at home all fixed up so it will be handy for you to post. My oldest daughter had a cat named Oreo until it chewed up her new leather brief case. She found a good home for Oreo with an elderly lady who was home most of the time. Paula

Anonymous said...

again i am pleased your home with a raise and news is on my computer I have missed your lovely stories it is like a friend came by when you post.
thanks again for the lovely imagry
As always a friend

Anonymous said...

A raise is a raise is a raise.  Companies have always faught to keep from having to pay their workers for one reason or another.  I hate that you have lost out on so much income over the years because they never applied the raise they should have.

I hope the kitty will get over being mad at you and embrace the new food and eating schedule.  Both of my cats are on an all you can eat diet, but they do quite well with it and have not gained any weight in the last 4 years.

Greg