Monday, August 6, 2007

NOTHING MUCH TO REPORT

i haven't had much of a creative side lately.  i have been a bit down and the heat is killing us all.  i think i might have been bitten by a brown recluse spider.  i have a large black spot on my lower abdomen which is filled with black blood.  i know brown recluse spider venom usually destroys the flesh around the bite.  so far it hasn't done so, but i found what looked like a brown recluse coiled up dead next to the bed the next day after i found the bite.  i am watching it closely, but currently don't have the money or the insurance to have it seen to.  they are prevalent this year due to the heat.  it has been in the mid to upper 90's here the past few days.  and no promise of letting up.

the wild bunch is mad at me because i was too tired and feeling sickly to feed them the other night, so they did without.  so last night, only two came up to eat.  but i noticed that there were three of them laying on the back porch this morning, enjoying a cooler place.  maybe they will come back for their hot dogs tonight.  i think mama kitty is getting ready for another family.  sad, i know, but i cannot do anything about it.  i wish i could have her fixed.

there is a lot going on in my life right now that i cannot share with you, but please keep me in your prayers and thoughts. 

for those who read my earlier entry about michael and randy rhoads' grave site, i think i have fixed the problem with the pictures.  try going there again and let me know if they show up.  sorry for the inconvenience.

and once again, thanks to my die hard readers, as well as the new ones that i have managed to pick up along the way.  i don't get to the computer often enough these days and it does me good to see someone has come by and visited. 

a shot of my car out my front guest/craft room window.  i haven't taken any new pics lately, so added this one from a couple of months ago before the newby moved in.

as to the newby, she is doing better as far as interfering with my life.  she is odd, but then so am i.  i helped her put her microwave on her shelving unit last night, and in the process i guess i was speaking too loudly and she admonished me to "not yell".  of course, i wasn't yelling.........i am partially deaf in one ear and don't realize how loudly i am talking.  but..........she isn't the first to admonish me to stop talking too loudly.  it was just her way of doing it that surprised me.  also, i told her how the microwave had to be sitting to work properly without falling off, and she said no, that wasn't correct.  then she eventually saw it was correct, and admitted to being wrong.  i didn't gloat........i didn't......ok ok, maybe a little, on the inside. 

i have to work today, so better get out of this journal for now. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping you in my prayers on the smoke. As for the pregnant cat. If you can catch them or get them to let you approach them, every once in a while there is an ad in the paper for free shots and sometimes you can find an animal clinic that will help get strays fixed. I know some colleges run animal clinics for practice for the Vet. depts. I know the feeling of feeling helpless to help their phlight. Sigh! I'm facing a similiar circumstances with a few strays around me. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get that bite seen to, Regina. I've heard nasty stories about people with spiderbites.

Anonymous said...

You are always in my thoughts...you know that.  I hope the spider bite is something that will clear up on its own since you aren't able to have it looked at right now.  I know how you feel about the momma of the wild bunch.  You can't afford to fix her, and you can't bare to call animal control on her either.  I'll do some thinking and see if I can figure out something.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hope it isn't a brown recluse bite. You know what I think? I think you and Newby are going to be good friends when you both get use to each other's ways and thats good. You can be of great help to each other and may come to know each other well enough to tell the other when to back off and give space. Take care, paula

Anonymous said...

The pics turned out fine.  Hope the spider bite isn't serious, we have lots of spiders at our house, because of the trees.  I've never seen a brown recluse here
but I think they're around.  You're so nice to take care of the kitties.  Joni