Tuesday, July 31, 2007

UPDATES

just a few updates on what is happening...........

the wild bunch is still around..........and i have gotten closer to a couple of them.  one of the white ones let me pet him/her, as well as rocky.  in fact, last night i was able to actually pick rocky up.......but it was short lived.........when rocky discovered what i was actually doing, he/she began the mad cat dance and tried to claw me.  the other night i was feeding them, and tried to pet mama kitty.........now i have 2 small puncture wounds on my pinky finger...........yes, i doctored them immediately.

the newby found someone to adopt her kitty, rufus.  she was at her wits end about finding a home for him before the landlord kicked her out.  she was in the grocery store and talking to a lady in line, and the woman said she would be glad to have him.  so rufus has a home.............be good to him lady.........ok?

i had a note taped to my door when i got home yesterday, telling me the good news about rufus

i have been working at the salvation army thrift store lately, trying to get hired on permanently.  i would still have to keep my other job to supplement, but need to do something to bring in more money.  prices keep going up, but the pay doesn't.  they have lost four people at work, but instead of giving more hours, they are hiring more people.

my daughter obviously still isn't speaking to me.  i hope she comes around soon.  one never knows when their time on earth is over..............

well, off to read some journals before i go....................

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad Rufus found a home, and I'm happy the wild bunch is getting friendlier with you.  It takes some time for an animal to warm up to a person when they aren't socialized.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I know all about the wild bunches. A stray I was taking care of had kittens. While I was trying to get the kittens accustomed to humans (which I'm still working on). The idiotic mother went and got pregnant again. She has the newest litter in hiding. So my goal is by next month Capture a stray Tom, both kittens. Get them all fixed. When the mother cat shows up with the new litter hand them all over to a wonderful cat shelter we have here. Whoo hopefully that takes care of the lot of them. I can dream right?
I get the daughter not speaking to you....recently I did recieve an email from my own. It's a step. Doc is so furious with her throwing her life away he can't talk to me about her. Me? No matter which way you cut it your still a mother and want to know if your kid is safe. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

only a good person can hold a wild kitten
as to your daughter she is a typical kid.
she will come when she comes to you when she is done being fussy
i hope all continues to go well in your life