Wednesday, July 25, 2007

POISONED??

thanks to two of my wonderful readers' comments, i am now concerned.............lol.

i ate every bite of the chicken/rice casserole, and so far, i haven't bit the dust.  but i did get up this am feeling really bad...........but i think it was either the onset of a cold, or a sinus infection brewing.  either way, i think i survived the casserole.

but i did go back out and count kitties to see if maybe the casserole was kittycasserole, lol.  all were there.........whew..................

speaking of the wild bunch.........i had a little bit of excitement the other night when i fed them.  rocky and one of the white ones (can't tell the difference between ditto and whitey anymore unless i look right into their eyes) were ravenous, so dug in immediately, while gray stood tentatively back and mama kitty hissed.  i reached down and started petting the white one and it flinched at first, but let me pet him/her.  then i tried rocky, who backed up at first, then let me pet him/her.  i did a full back massage on both, and they more or less didn't move.  of course, mama kitty wasn't about to let me even pet her, but she still ate the food, lol.

the newby's kitty, rufus, has to go.  the mayor came over to the house yesterday and met with the newby and told her that she had to get rid of him by friday of this week.  when i left for work, she came running out looking quite disturbed, telling me what he said, and asking me if she could bring up some fliers to put out at the salvation army where i have been working the last couple of weeks.  i told her i didn't have any say so over it, but gave her the names of people who did.  she looked frantic and upset.  i think she thought maybe the mayor would allow her to keep him.  he is such a sweet cat, and so pretty.  he is a masculine gray tabby, neutered and declawed.  he likes attention, but not crazy about being held.  i hope he finds a good home.

i appreciate the comments on my sanity entry.  i am excited about the novel, but haven't had the energy or desire to work on it the last night or two.  working two jobs is killing me, especially the days that i work both on the same day.  up at 6 am and to bed at midnight or a little after.  i am usually so tired, i have no creative juices to flow. 

i want to send out a special thanks to greg at Photo Trek  for offering to work with me on a cover shot or inside photos for my book.  of course, greg will be too old to see through the camera lens by the time i require his services, lol, but i do appreciate his offer. 

my life is still topsy turvy right now, so if you are a praying person, please do so on my behalf.  i firmly believe in the power of prayer, so keep 'em coming. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having to work so many hours. Glad you and the kitties are okay. Hope Newby finds a good home for her pretty cat. Paula

Anonymous said...

I'm still young yet...I have faith that you will finish your book long before I lose all my teeth, and have a replacement hip or two.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glad kitties are ok.  I'm hoping Dirk will get me one maybe at the rescue center.  I was so happy to see you again and thank you for commenting the other day over in my journal.  I'd missed you.  In answer to the question, unfortunately Dirk is an only child, but there is someone I think you would like who is in the play with me...  I was blessed with Dirk when I wasn't looking or wanting.  We are still having a WOW experience that we were blessed with each other.  I hope one day you have that too.  

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WishingandHoping/

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for the kitty who has to move but at least your wild bunch is okay
and you are
I also like you have my discomfort with the newbie i like a roomate i can work with
and that keeps to their area unless otherwise invited
she seems a chummy sort of person who wants to be into everything
That to me is a reason to keep my feelers on and make sure they keep distant
well i wish you well on the novel and not everyday will be a writers day
speaking from fact
i have a assignment due aug 3 for a womans group  and i am no where near done
yikes
well have a wonderful day you have my humble prayers
As Always A Friend