Thursday, July 12, 2007

A BIT OF ANGER

normally i would not have come here to the library, but i was trying to avoid going home and killing time before my appointment at 5 pm this afternoon.  so i decided that if i were here already and had this anger i needed to vent, why not do it here.  so, you new readers, plug up your ears and cover your eyes............or not.  either way, here goes:

i have a new housemate.  she hasn't completely moved in yet, but has been moving stuff in and cooking meals there for several days.  i don't know how old she is, but i would venture to say possibly 45-50.  the first day we were both at the house at the same time, she chased me all the way up the staircase with my lunch in hand, wanting to meet me.  i was getting faint from not eating all day and needed to sit down and eat, but she continued talking.  so........i sat it all down on the step and shook her hand, introduced myself, and listened to her for 10 minutes.........then my daughter called on my cell, and i told the newby that i would talk to her after i ate.

i went on into my part of the house and sat down to eat.  my den is off the bedroom, so when i have the 2 fans, air condtioner and tv going, you can't hear anything.  after i finished eating i went back downstairs to finish talking to the newby and she was cooking something to eat.  she said she had come up to see if i had a plate she could borrow and i didn't come to the door.  dang woman..........go away!! 

while i stood and talked to her, she asked if i had a spatula........to turn her sausage.  i walked all the way back upstairs and got one and brought it to her.  we walked out into the common area and sat at the big antique dining table while she ate.  she had taken a china plate belonging to the landlord out of the china cabinet and used it to eat on.  sheesh.

we have talked a couple of times since then when she has been on the property, but the night she brought her grandson over was really the night i got angry.  there are cats, as most of you know, that hang around the house.  i feed and water them because i don't like seeing things go hungry.  i made the terrible mistake of telling the newby what i was doing with the wild bunch.  she told me that the landlord was going to have animal control pick them all up.  i asked  her if she had told the landlord about them, and she hurriedly said no, he saw them.  as we were talking in the kitchen while she cooked a whole chicken for herself and the grandson, she started talking wildly, flailing her arms and trying to make a point about the cats.  i understood what she was saying, but i am NOT going to let the kitties starve.  or any animal for that matter.  if the ugly opossum comes back, i will feed it too.

well, the newby was saying that it was my fault that there was a cat problem.  she said that people should be responsible with their pets and have them spayed and neutered, which i agree with.  these are NOT my cats.  but when i tried to interject a sentence, she yelled at me "LET ME FINISH!!!"  ok.........finish.  and she said the same thing over again.  i agree, dammit.  but what i am saying is that if these WERE my kitties, they would have been taken care of and homes found.  these are wild kitties that need to be fed and watered to survive.  so then.........she says that my feeding them and watering them is giving them life instead of letting nature take its course and if they were to die, that would be the end of the chain.  if they continue to live, then they will grow up, mate and reproduce and the chain goes on................

ok, i understand what she is saying........but first, i can't catch the wild bunch.  second, they are not mine.  third, they are God's creatures, and even if my own life is screwed up most of the time, why should theirs be?  i have extra canned goods that i have offered to people and they turned it down.  so why not feed it to the kitties?  i don't go out and buy food to give them.  i am sharing what i have.  and this newby IS A CAT OWNER!!!  she should have a little more compassion. 

now, go ahead and disagree with me............yell at me..........i am wrong, right??  i usually am. 

so far, the wild bunch is still there.  every night there is one or two missing, but they come back.  oh, and i started parking my car in the garage again and told the newby she could use the other side of the open garage for hers.  otherwise there are bird droppings all over the car hood and top.  she said that the garage smelled like a bad litter box.  yep, the kitties live in there when it rains, and they potty in there.  they even spray my car, but it washes off.  she said if they spray on her car she is going to have cat stew.  sigh..................

i feel a little better now.  i am afraid if i stay in the house that the newby is going to make my life a living hell.  she insists all the time to come up and see my place.  actually, when she comes up the staircase, she is invading my space.  from the bottom of the steps up is my apartment.  now i don't mind emergencies, but i don't want someone up there in my open area where i have to cross through to get to my kitchen.  she also hounded me about giving her my cell number and giving me hers.  now that makes sense due to us possibly needing to reach each other in emergencies, but i don't want her calling me all the time.  when i was down there the last time, she was trying to do something to the tv for her grandson and couldn't see due to the darkness in the room.  i told her she needed to turn on the ceiling light.  she said she didn't know how.  i was LOL inside, but walked over to the pull chain and pulled it once, and voila, the room was flooded with light.  she then walked over to the wall switch and said "then what is this for?"  i have no idea....you have to realize that this is a 110 year old house and they didn't have switches per se.  most everything was pull chains or you turn a switch on the hanging lamps.  she had no clue.  sigh...............why me???!!!!

i am so hungry, i think i am going to have to chance going to the house and getting something before i go to my 5 pm appointment.  i have $4 left out of my check, so can't eat out.  gas has gone up when on the news they say it is going down.  did we do something to anger the gas gods here in georgia???

ok, i am done.  i am sorry you new readers had to go through that.  and my old readers, well, they know i am psycho...........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you.  The journals are a great place to vent your anger.  Much better than actually on the person. Although with a flat mate like that I'm not sure I wouldn't be venting my anger on her as well. Being charitable maybe she is just plain lonely, and may hopefully find friends soon and then will leave you in peace. Hope that you enjoy your supper in peace.  Sybilsybil45

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm new to your journal. In fact, haven't read past this entry, but will..I think living with other people is the harest thing to do..I don't blame you one bit for feeding the cats something..How can you not??
I'll read more as time permits...
Sheri

Anonymous said...

Should have told her you keep the cats around to chase off the large rat that lives in the house.  You might with without roomie again...worth a shot.  Sounds like you guys are going to have quite a go at it.  You might just need to find some tall green grass and go walk barefoot in the field to relax before you go home.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Hey, you want to vent, you go right ahead. As for the cats feed them. The new housemate- let her starve. ;O)
B.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry  your new neighbour isn't to your liking...perhaps in time you will get on o.k.  You just have to make sure you let her know her boundaries from the start and then you will be left in peace and meet up when it is amicable to you both.  Make sure you feed yourself too....not just the cats.     Jeanie

Anonymous said...

Flatmates can make your life heaven - or hell. However, in this case you'll have to show her what you will and will not take. It can be tricky, and a case of give and take. Obviously, you need your space, and are definitely entitled to it.

Anonymous said...

You know what that's what this journal is for as far as I can see.  To vent if you want to vent, I mean who better to listen then us and then you feel better, I know you do.  As for the neighbor she sounds like she could be a real pain, and I would keep my distance too if it were me.  too bad you have to give her your cell #, she could become a real nuisance on it.  Oh and I like cats too, so i say do what you want with them, who wants to see an animal starve?  Joni

Anonymous said...

I like what Radar said about the rat. You might even embroidery the story a bit. lol Paula

Anonymous said...

Your a brilliant woman use your mind come up with a nice way to say I like my privacy after work and that you coming up is rather hard on me I do appreciate you but I don't share your views on all things no one does.
then gently inform her you feel it is your christian duty to feed them that way you can help catch the poor kitties and get them to someone who will fix them and decrease the cat population but that if you ignore them they tend to just continue better to try something than to do nothing but complain  
then as i stated earlier inform her the landlords items such as china are out of bounds and she needs to respect the  house rules UPSTAIRS IS MINE ONLY please don't come up with out calling on my cell phone.
I think it is more than reasonable how you feel i would feel the same
as always a friend