Thursday, November 15, 2007

THE PICTURES THAT I PROMISED

they didn't turn out all that great, but i promised halloween pictures, so here they are.

cat's eyes luminaries and the jack-O-lantern that my housemate and her grandson carved

the other side of the front steps with my luminaries and my housemate's stuffed black cat.

my grim reaper with scythe dripping "blood" (the kids were really scared of this one)

a side shot of my grim reaper, with my flapping and booing ghost in the background, as well a spiderweb encased rocker.

more spiderweb encased rockers.

windows dripping blood and skeletons guarding the cauldron of candy.

a "beware" bat, black RIP wreath and skull with candle.

my ghoulish gourmet table.  the skull in the cauldron emitted mist from the openings, as well as red devilish light.  the plates on the table offered up "finger" food and eyeballs with blood dripping from them.  there were numerous bottles of potions and a cup of blood as well.

my light up "boo"sign, with a nice little black bat with red eyes.

my huge spider web with spider, and bat hanging from mailbox.

eerie faces in the window and a bat.

the cauldron of candy as well as the table and other cauldron.

beware signs in the front yard.

my homemade tombstones, skeletons trying to escape.

the spiderweb covered entry and fence, with caution tape, skeletons.

another view of the entry gate.

a view from the gate of the front of the "haunted house".

a close-up of my handywork.

since my digital camera doesn't have a flash, i have no night pics of the frightened humanoids coming up the walk.  it was worth the effort of decorating and getting dressed up.  i scared alot of kids that night...........but mostly the 12-14 year old boys......now that was fun................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a positively scary Halloween display, thanks for sharing lol

Anonymous said...

My goodness  I sure would have been frightend to death if I has come across your back yard !!   I have never seen the likes of that in all my life.  what fun you must have had.  Thanks for sharing.  Love  Sybil x

http://journals.ao.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife

Anonymous said...

Wow, you really went all out with the decorations.  I love it!!!  The Grim Reaper is my favorite though, he is just cool.  You are quite creative when it comes to Halloween decorations.

Greg

Anonymous said...

You did it up right for Halloween. I could imagine some kids would be afraid of that grim reaper. Paula