Tuesday, February 19, 2008

RESIGNATION

after struggling with the company for 4-1/2 years, and never getting the raise nor the credit i was due, i am offering my resignation to the craft store tomorrow....wednesday, the 20th.  most of my close friends there already know my intentions, but i came here to the library today to type up and print out my resignation to take to the current administration tomorrow.  i am saddened by this in some ways, since i have been with some of those people the entire time, and many stood up for me in times when the administration came down on me.  i will miss those people very much, but i can have lunches, dinners and quiet sunday conversations on the phone with them without having to work there.  this has been a long time coming, and even though i have been sick over the last couple of days, i couldn't sleep last night due to the bitter-sweet feelings coming over me. 

my second job has offered me a semi-full week schedule.........29 hours, which is much more than i even got with the other company except at Christmastime.  with the possible daily bonuses allotted the employees, i will make much more than i ever did at the other store.  GOD IS SO GOOD!

i am sorry i haven't been around much lately.  hopefully when the government sends me that wonderful little $600 check in the mail in may, i will buy a new computer and won't have to come here to the library to access the net.

i have been doing alot of crafts lately, since i have been sick.  the weather is beginning to turn warmer, so i guess i need to stop making all those neck scarves and hats, and start making jewelry and cards again. 

i hope everyone out there in j-land is doing well and having a great february.  i will try my best to do better about visiting your blogs and keeping up with all of you in the near future.  since i will be working 4 full days a week now, i will have fewer days to come here and chat with you all.  so take care and know i am thinking about each and every one of you.

(ps:  i just finished our taxes and woohoo....over $1000 back!  i can hear bills getting paid and things being bought, lol)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very very happy for you. Good on you for giving up the job. everybody should be appreciated.  Although you might not be along much I will look forward to each time you come and tell us how you are doing and will miss you inbetween times.  Look after yourslef.  Much Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I thought I would drop by and see how you were doing.  It sounds like the right move since it is clear from your writing you were not appreciated at your job.  I wish you the best.  How nice for you with the tax refund...that is a nice feeling!  I hope you start feeling better soon and I really do hope the need for neck scarves passes soon too.  Take care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Well done in coming to that decision, Regina. And you were lucky in getting those hours with the other company. And that tax break is very nice :-))

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))I am glad things are woorking good for you.I hope you have a nice night.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you last night and came here to see if I had missed anything and here you are tonight. Glad thing seem to be going better for you and I wish you well. Paula

Anonymous said...

good luck with your new position and hours!! WTG on the money back from taxes!! always a good feeling

and yes God is good, he is good all the time :)

take care

betty

Anonymous said...

You have had lots of stress associated with this job.  As it turns out, you have something better to fall back on, so I think this is good news.  One should not have to fight so hard just to work for a company.  Good news about your taxes, and the extra money you are getting.  I'm sure that will come in handy, and take a great deal of stress off of you.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Anytime you can leave a stressful job for a better one, you can't lose. I miss hearing from you , but understand completely why. Hopefully within the next few months you will be back with us in full again. Stay safe and loved dear friend. (Hugs) Indigo