Thursday, January 31, 2008

A BRIEF HELLO

as usual, i am short on time, since having to come to the library to access the internet.  i want to say hello to the newest commenters and thank you for stopping by my journal.  hopefully soon i will have the time to come here and take my leisure going through everyone's journal. 

i am still working 2 jobs, but hopefully will be giving one up soon.  the craft store has cut my hours to 10 a week (2 days, instead of 3) which defeats my purpose for getting another job.  i had hoped for a full work week.  as soon as my new job accepts my request for 4 days a week instead of 2, i will stay farewell to the other job. 

i have been sleeping quite alot on my off days due to a stupid sinus infection brought on by the crazy weather here in georgia.  we have no clue how to dress here.  when we arrive at work, it is 65 degrees, and when we leave, it is 28 and snowing, lol.

still no word from my daughter.  i pray daily for her to "see the light" before it is too late.  she is a good person, but is just a bit misdirected for now. 

i went by my new job to pick up my paycheck today and ran into my very first housemate, betty.  we had to gossip a little about my current housemate....the invader as i have come to call her.  betty was appalled that she would come up into my apartment without my permission and take food out of my fridge.  oh well, the new housemate got my letter and hasn't spoken to me since, so i guess i "upset" her by telling her to please stay out of MY apartment.  sigh.....................

not much else to report other than i still have 2 of the kitties coming around........gray and rocky.  they got a good meal the other night.........hamburger and pork chops, lol.  they may get tuna casserole tonight, lol.

i am hoping and praying that the government passes the bill to send us all money in may.  i fully plan on putting mine back into the economy.  i plan on buying a brand new home pc.  that is, if we get the amount they say we will.........$500-$600.  coupled with my income tax refund, i should be able to move all my furniture into the apartment (finally) and close out the storage unit, as well as pay for my car tag, pay a month ahead on my rent, and buy a good computer.  then i can do what i need to do from home and won't have to come here to the library with unruly kids, noisy talkers and those using cell phones when not allowed.  my thoughts won't be interrupted unless my cat gets hungry or needs my attention.

as much as i would love to stay and chat, i have to go.  too much to do on my day off.  plus, the weather is supposed to get really bad later today and i don't want to be out in it.  take care everyone......................

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that you seem to be a bit more up beat today...I do hope that your promised tax rebate does come through, you will have such fun spending it...Have a good week  much Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Regina. At least your housemate got the message, however badly she took it.

Anonymous said...

NC is about the same when it comes to wacky weather.  Not sure what they are expecting tonight, but I know we have a 90% chance of precipitation and it is really getting cold outside...who knows what I will wake up to in the morning.  I hope the new computer works out for you...You do need a new one.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I think I missed your birthday. I think that was when I was sick at home three days and then in the hospital three days so I'm just catching up. Hope you get your new computer. I'm sure it will be an enjoyment to you. Paula

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon from your sinus infection! that is hard to predict what to wear with such drastic changes in the weather!

betty

Anonymous said...

Wont that be great if you get your tax rebate?  And you got rid of your cheeky housemate too intot he bargain.  Well done you!
Hope you hear from your daughter soon.
HOpe your sinus infection soon goes too.

Hugs
Jeanie xxx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/kirkbyj05/DaytoDayLifeintheLakes/

Anonymous said...

I hope the refund comes through for you. I would love to see you be able to have more time on the computer and rid of the idiotic neighbor. Glad she got the message and hasn't been around. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, and I hope that extra refund comes through, too!
Lori