Thursday, January 3, 2008

FRIED

well, my dear j-land friends......i won't be writing much here for awhile.  i fried my computer, i think.  i use windows xp and apparently windows has been shut down to save my system (at least that is what the bright royal blue with white writing screen says).  not sure why, or what i have to do to fix this, as i don't have the money to pay the geek squad to come check it.  sigh.  so, for now, i will be coming back to the library to do my entries, and since gas is up and my time is short, i doubt i will be down here that much. 

if anyone has any hints on what i need to do, you are welcome to comment.  i am going by radio shack today and talk to one of the guys there to see if all i have to do is reload windows xp or something simple.  so keep your fingers crossed.  i was having way too much fun i guess, so my puter cut me off.............sigh.

so all of you out there, hang tough and know you are in my thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a thing to happen.  Isn't there somehwere that can help...how did you write tonights journal ?  can yoiu get on teh internet ? there are some sites taht have peopel on hand to help for free I know.  Otherwise have you got a local rasio station  phone them they may have a help line and they could get you someone to help.   Good Luck  sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Reload Windows XP is my drastic suggestion for a solution, and put as few programs back on as you can get away with. If you are not using AOL to connect, leave it off. AOL plays havoc with Windows in the wrong circumstances. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

If you can get to the system restore, try that.  Otherwise, you might try booting in safe mode which will just open the basic functions.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Well now if that isn't just the pits when you were just getting on here more often. I hope someone can help and it isn't serious. Paula

Anonymous said...

Hi...I got your link from Nelishia, who I just reconnected with...whoo hoo.  Anyway, I saw what Guido said.  That's what I would do.  Do you still have the discs that came with your pc?  They are called recovery discs.  What it will do is wipe your computer totally clean.  It will remove everything.  Then it will put everything back on that was there when you bought the computer so you will lose all your stuff.  It is drastic but I had to do it twice to my old pc.  My very first computer wouldn't come back to life.  That was 12 years ago and before virus protection.  It was loaded with them.  Good luck!  HUGS  Chris