Sunday, June 15, 2008

GOODNIGHT, TIM

i have been trying to enter this entry since the 13th, and so far, i haven't had any luck.  hope it goes in this time.............

 usually, i am not a devoutly political being.  i follow general elections, local subjects, and foreign policy from time to time.  i never sat and watched MEET THE PRESS, but i was very aware of tim russert's face, his ability to cover political issues, and his ability to keep my attention for more than 2 seconds.  he will be sorely missed in the political arena as well as by his family and friends.

my prayers are with those closest to him......

REST IN PEACE, TIM RUSSERT........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i am back, momentarily, if the wifi will let me continue.  i have missed my friends in j-land, and don't even know what is going on since i have been offline for so long.  i hope all are well.

as for myself, i have been rather ill.  i am still not quite sure what was/is wrong with me, other than old age, but i went through quite a time over the last 10 days.  it has been quite hot here in georgia, nearing 100 degrees on several days.  not having working air conditioning in my vehicle, i go only back and forth to work, which is a distance of 1.2 miles one way.  but with such intense heat in my car, and the fact that our work air conditioner went out 10 days ago, and for 4 days it was near 90 inside the store, i figured the heat had gotten to me.  i started by feeling feint.  not ill, or sick, just "not quite right".  on my sunday off i had to grocery shop and as i was unloading the car in the heat and trying to carry the load up the 21 steps to my apartment, i almost passed out.  i still haven't gotten all my non-perishables up the stairs, like the canned goods and things i am not ready to eat as of yet.  they sit in the hall downstairs with some other items i haven't felt like carrying up the stairs.

several nights ago i was feeling off, and my body started to feel like i had the flu.  i was hot, even though the air was cranked down to 70, and i hurt all over, even my hair.  i had a sharp pain behind my left ear, headaches, sinus pressure and choking spells.  i would cough constantly, like trying to eject my stomach out through my mouth.  during the coughing spells i would somehow manage to suck saliva back down into my windpipe and choke all over again, coughing even worse.  as badly as i felt last tuesday, i planned to go on to work on wednesdaytuesday night i had a fitfull night in bed.  i would stop coughing and aching long enough to drift off to sleep, only to awaken to a bed that felt like it was on fire.  i can only assume that i was running a really high fever.  sometime during the night the fever broke, and i awoke swimming in my own perspiration.  i went to work on wednesday though i felt drained, and during my afternoon break, i was eating some frozen grapes when i choked again, and this time i was truly frightened.  i couldn't breathe, catch my breath or even cough.  my boss rubbed my shoulder with compassion, telling me to try to calm down and slowly breathe, and another co-worker told me to hold up my hands..........later it all seemed rather comical, but not at the time.  as you can see, i survived that bout.  thursday, after running my errands and coming back home to cool off, i got choked on some food and this time i knew i was a gonner.  i lost my breath for quite a few seconds and, being in the house by myself at the time, i feared death was immanent.  i prayed that if i passed out, i would be able to catch my breath and come out of it.  i finally was able to catch my breath and had one horrible coughing fit that has caused me to have costrocondritis

i still am not sure what caused the fever, but have come to a conclusion as to why i am getting choked so often.  there is a flap that closes off the windpipe when food or beverage are consumed, or when saliva is swallowed.  as i get older, that trap door doesn't work as well.  my boss and one of my co-workers is having the same problem.  oh joy oh joy!!!  isn't getting older wonderful???  NOT!!!

since i have had so much "time" on my hands by not having an internet connection, i have had plenty of time to work on my KITTYCAPTIONS.  so i will close with one tonight when i sign off if the powers that be will allow.

i have truly missed reading all your journals and hope that i can keep my eyes and my internet connection open long enough to catch up on some of them.  i hope all of you will stick around with me, even though my postings are sporadic.

well, i guess i better try to see if i will be allowed to complete this entry.

to all fathers out there................

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

(after having time to do some online research, i think maybe what i had was a mild case of salmonella poisoning.  i had every symptom except vomitting, which i never do anyway)

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back again Wum. Sorry to see you are not so well.  When you get round to reading all your alerts you will see why this is a very short sad entry. Love Sybil x

Anonymous said...

Hey Regina, I'm sorry that your are not feeling well.  It might very well be due to the hot temps.  I think they are getting to everyone these days.  I've had several days when I just haven't had the energy to function because of it.  Whatever it is, I hope it clears up soon enough.

Greg

Anonymous said...

My goodness! I am so sorry to hear that you've been that bad.  It has been way too hot.  I got sick like that last year, very similar.  I don't know if it's the heat or what.  I'm glad to know why I've been coughing myself awake some too.  I'll bet that is it!  I like your kitty captions.  Thank you for coming to visit me even with your whacky internet connection.  I do hope you feel better very soon.

Hugs,


Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/

Anonymous said...

Been missing you and your kitty captions. Sorry you've been ill. Stay out of that heat if you can. its terrible here too. Paula