Friday, May 30, 2008

MORE GOOD NEWS

i have been communicating with my daughter more often.  she got a kitten and called to tell me about it.  then, as i was at kohl's shopping for my daughter's housewarming gifts, she called me again............in desperation.  the kitten, which is a very tiny, newly weaned "garfield", was being aggressed upon by the resident cat, peaches.  peaches doesn't like other cats.  i know that from first hand experience.  when i kept her for a whole year (with very little cat support, i might add), she would wait till my 2 cats were asleep on the foot of the bed and would fly down there and wack them both on the head and fly off in another direction.  they would look around like "what the h*ll just happened???" 

my daughter wanted "my advice" on how to get the 2 acquainted and start tolerating each other, since she felt i had much more knowledge on the matter.  it made me feel good she called.  i told her to keep them apart most of the time, but to introduce them a few times a day by letting them be in the same room, and love on them one at a time to let the other one know that both were loved and both were there to stay.

well today i went over to my daughter's workplace and took her the housewarming gifts and some other things i had for her.  she liked them all.  while there we talked about the kitten and her cat.  she had called me at work on wednesday asking me to take the kitten, since peaches was too aggressive with him around, and peaches had bitten my daughter twice and scratched her to let her know she was NOT fond of having the tiny golden fur ball around.  my daughter had followed my advice until yesterday, when my daughter's boyfriend forgot to put the golden fur ball into the bathroom and shut the door.  when she got home from work, both of them were asleep on the bed.  she thinks maybe the war is coming to an end.  both of them slept on her last night.  the boyfriend got his feelings hurt.  he wanted to know why neither of them liked him enough to sleep on him (maybe it is because he claims to not like cats????).

my daughter told me the story of what happened last night before bed.  the kitten likes to chase peaches around the house and peaches just tolerates it.  sometimes peaches will turn and chase the kitten back, but not in a playful manner.  the kitten is totally oblivious to peaches' motive.  well, last night, peaches had let the kitten know on several occasions that she wasn't in the mood to play.  she didn't slap the kitten, but did slap at him.  she chased him behind the sofa and then went off to be the diva she is.

there were a couple of framed wall pictures sitting on the floor leaning against the wall, leaving a little space behind them, just right for a little golden fur ball to hide.  and so he did.  when peaches decided it was time to go and sit in the window, the kitten jumped out and pounced onto peaches, scaring her to death, and she fell over like she was dead and just lay there with her feet in the air........not moving a muscle.  the kitten took one look, decided he was triumphant, and trotted off to another adventure.  my daughter had me laughing in the parking lot so hard i had a coughing fit.

it was a nice visit, even though short.

i had saturday, sunday and monday of memorial weekend off, but my window air conditioner in my bedroom was broken, so i didn't want to spend much time in the house.  i would try to sleep some and it was too hot, even with 5 fans going in the room.  when i paid my rent on tuesday i told the landlord's secretary that it was broken.  i figured it would take a couple of weeks for him to get me another, so i had planned on going to his office today and seeing if he would let me go buy one and let me put it in, and i could take it out of my next rent payment.  but when i got home on thursday from work, there was a new/used unit in my window.  it isn't brand new, but much newer than the old one, and it WORKS!!!!!  the only problem..........i had wanted to be home when it was put in.  my room is a mess with all the items i have been moving in from my storage unit, from work, and my daughter's stuff.  and i wanted to make sure they didn't see my cat or her litter box, toys, etc.  they moved all the big "cat furniture" (carpeted toys for playing and scratching) to get to the window.  i think they even checked my other unit in the den, which is right above where i keep my dirty underwear.  i mean, the underwear is in a small basket, but it is obvious it is dirty underwear.  i wish they had given me notice.  sheesh.

anyway........it is cool in here tonight.  i guess that is what is important.

i got my end of month statement from my landlord telling me what my rent and power bills are for the next month.  it was normal.  but there was a note typed at the bottom that said he was going to start doing a twice a year apartment check to make sure things are staying kept up and in good order and nothing needs fixing.  so.........i have to hide the cat and cat stuff twice a year now............dangit.  i can get away with saying she is my daughter's cat that i am keeping while she is moving for a couple of weeks.  but i can only use that one once. 

i am going to close this entry and then try to open another entry and put in the really cool video that i took of the thunderstorm we had a week ago.  so, if this is the last entry, you know that the other one didn't work out.

i wish everyone a very good weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wumz...how I laughed about the new kitten your daughter has got. I am so happy for you that she has been more in touch. just what we need to start the day.  Keep well  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I've been gone for a while, but now that I'm back I'm glad that this was my first entry here.  I know how you have wanted the relationship between you and your daughter to change, and it looks like it is well on the way.  That is great news!! and I hope only gets better.  I loved the kitty story...very funny, and sounds like some of the things that go on in my house.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading about your daughters kitten & Peaches, sounds like they will do fine now.  I am glad you and she are talking more.  So glad you got a new AC, it is way too hot not to have one.  Take care.
Lisa