Monday, May 19, 2008

A WORD OF THANKS

thank you to those who responded to my last entry.  i haven't had internet access, so haven't been able to read the comments earlier. 

my week was busy.  i worked monday, wednesday, friday and saturday.  as one of my co-workers and i were closing the store on saturday, i was hit with severe abdominal pain and couldn't sit, stand or even move for some moments.  i managed to get to the car and sit down, yelping like a smacked pup.  i got home, lay down for a little while, and eventually had some relief from the pain.  i have had ibs in the past, and can only assume i have a case of it again.  sometimes it makes me a little miserable, but this time it took my breath away.  i spent all day sunday in pain until i took some ibuprofen that reduced the pain and the inflamation.

i was able to eat a couple of times on sunday, but it brought back the same pain.  so.... for the first time since i started with the salvation army, i had to call in sick this morning.  i felt badly for doing so, but couldn't get the pain to subside enough to even get up out of the bed.  i have been in bed most of the day today.

i had perspired so much in the bed from the pain, i had to change the sheets a few days earlier than planned.  but i will enjoy the clean sheets tonight.

i haven't been able to read anyone's journal.  i hope to catch up tonight if i continue to have access.  my stomach is doing ok for now.  and since i have slept all day, i will be up for awhile.

i do have some good news to report.  last thursday i was off work and it poured down rain most of the afternoon.  my daughter called me to ask me to pick her up from work and i did at 5 pm.  i took her to her new apartment and she invited me inside.  it was nice, even though there isn't much furniture yet.  she cooked me supper, which was a shock in itself.  but she cooked her favorite meal from her childhood........cubed steak, english peas and mac and cheese.  she did an excellent job.  she even tried to make me some gravy, which was mostly grease since she didn't pour most of it off before putting in the flour.  but hey..........she tried.  it was the first time she had ever cooked cubed steak.  she had watched me as she grew up and her roommate over the last 5 years, but had never actually cooked it herself.  i was so pleasantly surprised.  we had a really great discussion on politics and religion, which is something i usually try to avoid discussing with anyone.  she has some great ideas on these matters.  i left at 8 pm, feeling really good about our relationship.

well i better sign off before i lose connection.  i wanted to put in one of my kittycaptions.  i will try..........

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear Wumz...do hope by the time you read this that you are a lot better.  What a lovely evening you sure had with your daughter..thumbs up for that X  If your pain does not ease please go to Dr. you can never tell with tummy pains just what it is.  Love Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

((Hugs)) I'm sorry your not feeling well and in pain. It's awesome progress with your daughter, sometimes it's just a matter of them growing up to appreciate us. I can't stop smiling after reading about the evening you spent together. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

Too bad you had such awful pain, I hope you are feeling better by now.  It sounds like you & your daughter had a good time together...good to hear that.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you had that time with your daughter. Maybe she is beginning to see the light. Hope you are okay now. Paula

Anonymous said...

That made my heart jump with excitement to read that your daughter at least tried with you.  

I know you have been under such stress with things.  I know it triggered the IBS.  I've had bouts with it for years off and on and you couldn't have described it more perfectly.

Feel better soon,

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/