Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A DAY LATE, BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

I was unable to access a computer on 9/11, thus this didn't get posted until today.  It isn't a fitting tribute to those who suffered loss on this tragic day, but it is from my heart.  We cannot let terrorism win.  But we cannot lose our own self-respect and dignity in fighting terrorism...........we need to bond together as American citizens and let the world know that no matter what the color of your skin, your religion, or your sexual orientation, WE, THE AMERICAN PEOPLE, WILL NOT ACCEPT TERRORISM.

It appears that possibly the United States Government may be making 9/11 of each year Patriots' Day.  I have no problem with that, but I sincerely hope that we, the American people, do not get so withdrawn from the original tragedy and the ever present threat of terrorism, that we treat the day with the same nonchalant attitude as other holidays created to honor our heroes.  I never want someone to say to me "have a happy patriots' day".  There is nothing happy about being in fear of your life and existance as American citizens, and as human beings.  Nothing happy about the loss of a loved one or friend.  I didn't know anyone personally in the 9/11 tragedy, but each was a brother or sister human being, and many were brothers or sisters in Christ with me.  This is my small attempt to remember the day the towers fell, and the many who lost their lives.

9/11 Remembrance

Diversity, a common word
Love one another, seldom heard


Then tragedy strikes, bonds the races
Fear, grief, anger, tears on different colored faces

Time elapses, memories fade
Compassionate efforts no longer made

Forgotten and abandoned, left far behind
No longer love, compassion can we find

I am not asking to relive the hours
When many loved ones perished in the twin towers

My only wish is to remember the cause
And take a moment in silence to pause

If we forget those who died on that day
Then terrorism has won, we have lost our way

(by Regina)

                          

                  

No comments: