Thursday, September 11, 2008

MORE HOUSEMATE STUFF AND PICS

Well, here I am again.  I wanted to tell about my crazy neighbor downstairs.  As most of you know, she has rarely spoken to me since I sent her that letter telling her how angry I was that she came into my apartment while I was asleep and took eggs out of my refrigerator.  I am not saying how I know this, but I know for a fact that she is way behind on her rent, and he ISN’T charging her late fees like he did me the one time I was 2 days late.  He has told her she must pay the full amount owed (almost $1200) by September 13th.  I don’t know her financial history, but if she is that far behind, I don’t see how she is going to come up with it.  I have a customer at work that needs a decent place to live, and I would love to have her as a housemate.  But then that would be mean of me to wish that on my current housemate.  I have been where she is financially, and could very well be again, so a part of me wants the best for her.

 

I cook every night…….ok, well almost every night.  And that causes a lot of garbage and trash.  I had several big bags of garbage I needed to get down to the garbage can, which is outside my housemate’s kitchen window, right next to where she parks her car.  Sometimes I cannot even get to the can because she parks so close to it.

 

This past Tuesday evening I was taking these bags of garbage down the 25 steps in back, around her patio, and toward the can.  Her car wasn’t in the drive, so I felt lucky.  Just as I started across the drive, I noticed her car in the street, backing up into the drive.  I stopped, watched her back in, then she stopped part way in, pulling forward again.  I thought she had seen me in her rearview mirror and was pulling up to allow me over to the garbage can.  So I started back over to the can and she began backing up again, really fast, and I jumped back and stood there holding the 4 bags of garbage, while she finished parking.  When she finally stopped the car, her door was level with where I was standing and I startled her.  She said “I didn’t see you standing there!”.  I said “yep, I know……you almost backed over me.”  She repeated she didn’t see me there as I went around the front of the car and put the garbage in the can.  Her grandson was sitting in the passenger seat and he said he didn’t see me either.  I waved and smiled at him and went on around the car and back upstairs.  Never once did I hear an apology………..sheesh!!

 

I wonder what the illustrious mayor/landlord would have to say if he knew his “other” tenant was a pot-smoking, cigarette-smoking alcoholic.  I wonder if he would be so “pleased” to have her living there.  I can prove the cigarettes and alcohol for I have seen her do both.  But I have only smelled the pot, so have no real proof.  I just hope that she doesn’t burn us both up one night.

 

There has been some excitement at work as well.  We hired a new woman a month or so ago.  She is really sweet, but has no common sense or self- confidence.  She is probably in her forties, but acts like a child.  Our director didn’t want to hire her, and now I know why.  The other employees are always making remarks about her behind her back.  I tried to sit down with her one day on break and talk to her to get to know her so that I can figure out why she is the way she is.  I heard she takes some type of medication, so it might be affecting her thought processes.  She had been there at least a month and is often seen standing in the middle of the floor in the back, staring at a hanger, or a piece of clothing, and then lays it down, picks the clothing back up and asks someone a rather silly question about it.  The director had already said he was going to let her go since she can’t seem to get the hang of things.  She began training on the register this past Tuesday, and again tomorrow (Thursday).  Everyone just knew she wasn’t going to be able to handle it, and that would be a good reason to “let her go”.  I laughed at them and told them she might just fool them and do exceptionally well on the register.  The head cashier didn’t want to train her, especially if they were just going to let her go afterwards.  Well, when I came into work today (Wednesday), I asked her how she did and she said it went rather well.  I then asked the director and another employee, and they both said she did really well………well enough to relieve me on my breaks after Thursday.  Hahahahahaha……………….told them!!!!!  I really do hope she does well………..

 

The director says he will let me come to the back and work with the community service girls who work on the clothing, getting it ready to put on the sales floor.  I sort of look forward to getting a break from the register 1 or 2 days a week.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

 

I am going to try to upload some pictures onto my flash drive to put in my entries.  Not sure how much time I will have in the library, though.  I have to do that research on tenant/landlord law.  Then I have to cash my check, meet my previous housemate at Olive Garden for lunch, stop by my old place of employment…..the craft store……to see if they have any clearance items I cannot live without, then go to a rehabilitation center in another close city to see one of our volunteers who has cellulites and is having to have rehab for many weeks (and just lost her husband to alzheimers on august 29th) and then back to pay my rent and give my landlord his pictures and letter.  I am tired just talking about it, lol.

 

I have truly missed reading journals the last few weeks, and hope all are doing well.  I am going to really try hard to catch up on reading and commenting, even if I do have to travel to the library to do so.

 

I guess I better sign off on this entry.  I have to save it to my flash drive and upload those pics and try to get in bed before 3 am.

 

Everyone have a blessed day!!!!!!!!!!!

 

this is a pic of the landlord's section of the house.......notice the "clutter" and the bags of Christmas stuff

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

these are pictures of the water damage in my spare bedroom.  eventually the ceiling will fall.........

 

 

 

this is the small bedroom on the same floor we rent.  it is full of old furniture, bedding, and just junk, all belonging to the landlord.  and he says "I" have clutter!?!?

 

 

 

 

 

yep, paying rent for a space HE is using..........doesn't seem fair, does it??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think that if you were renting the space it would be yours...unless he wants to cut you a discount.  You are paying for the space, and he is still making use of that space...not fair.  I think it might be time for you to look elsewhere for living arrangements.  There is only so much of this you should be expected to deal with.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I agree with Greg, perhaps you should look for another place.  You are not getting what you are paying for with this situation.  Maybe the girl at work is mentally unable to function well for some reason.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I agree with Greg, perhaps you should look for another place.  You are not getting what you are paying for with this situation.  Maybe the girl at work is mentally unable to function well for some reason.
Lisa