Tuesday, September 30, 2008

MY PLANE HAS BEEN SHOT DOWN

as most of you know, aohell is closing j-land.  4 years of my life, as well as years and years of my internet friends' lives going down the toilet.  it was bad enough that aohell ate about half of my entries the first time around.......now they want to eat the rest.  and they claim the transition to another blog site will be easy........sorry, EASY and AOL in the same sentence denotes an oxymoron.  (emphasis on the moron)

i had already typed up a lengthy entry a couple of days ago while i had wifi service and as soon as i pushed the button to save........my wifi vanished.  but since learning the near death of j-land, i have decided not to enter that entry.  i also added a tribute to the wonderful actor and charitable contributor, paul newman, but am choosing not to put that in as well.  i will be spending most of my online time trying to save the 4 private journals i have while i await instructions on the "EASY" transition of my public journal.  i guess that means i will have to purchase additional flashdrives to hold all the stuff.  thanks aohell!!

work is same ole same ole.  everyone at everyone elses throats.  i have to go in early tomorrow (wednesday) because we are short handed.  it will be a full extra hour of pay, but here i sit at 1:50 am when i have to get up at 7:30 am.  oh well, i am off on thursday.  i will sleep in then.

gas shortages are not as horrifying here as they are in atlanta, but gas is still scarce.  if you pass a station on the way to work that HAS gas, there is no guarantee they will have any when you head home.  in fact, they usually DON'T have any in the afternoons.  you use up 2 gallons and fumes looking for somewhere to purchase 2 gallons.  no win situation.

not sure how i feel about the aig bail out either.  if we don't do it, where will the economy be in 5 years?  if we do bail them out, the taxpayer is paying for it, more than once.  but will it better our future?  i am too old to think about all this crap.  i want to retire on a lake or beach and be a happy old woman. 

i guess i better head for the bed.  7:30 am will come really early!!

oh, and to all my j-land friends, please, keep in touch some way or another.  i will more than likely transition to wherever aol goes.  but i am also going to yahoo 360.  i am going to weigh all my options and go with the best, but still want to keep in touch with all my dear friends out there.  so keep my email addy and stay in touch wherever you go to blog.

LOVE YA'LL!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Saw you were on; yes, it has truly been a sad day for us J-landers, all the notices coming up in Magic Smoke, then the AoHell official news. ...sigh...A lot of folks are going to be switching to Blogger, via their Google accounts, I suppose, I already had a Blogger Journal, so I have a toe in the door so to speak...we shall see what follows in the next weeks to come.  Good Luck to you, wherever you decide to park your pen and paper next.

Pen

Anonymous said...

Hope to keep in touch. Paula

Anonymous said...

Morning Wumz...As you might have read in my journal I am absolutley devastated by teh AOL news.  Over here in the UK we have not even been given the option to go o vet to Blogspot...we have to manage that ourselves..if we want to. I don't think I will be going so this will be my last few comments. I hope though thta we will keep in touch.  By E mail  sybilsybil45@aol.com  Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Here is where I'll be hon:

http://deafscreams.blogspot.com/

Let me know where you go so we don't lose touch. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

This is a very good journal. Save this journal before aol changes the planned journal features in October 2008. Peace and Hugs, Autumn

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am quite disgusted with AOL to say the least.  They are really tweaking my nerves.  If it wasn't for all the work that lay ahead, I would be happy to leave them in the dirt as they have proven time and time again that they don't care one bit about the members.

Greg