Saturday, October 27, 2007

GREAT NEWS..........I HOPE

i wanted to do a separate entry for this news..............so here goes............

i have another job.  well, a supplemental job.  my other job doesn't pay enough so i had to find another part time job to supplement my pay.

i haven't said much about it, but awhile back i did some volunteer work for the local salvation army store.  most of the people there were friendly, loving, caring, compassionate people, and i am honored to call several "friends".  when i had trouble paying my huge electric bill i went to their benevolence director and asked for help.  they were able to pay the bill for me and actually seemed happy to do so.

i had thought of putting in an application with them for employment, but figured since they had helped me out financially, they wouldn't even consider hiring me.  i had put  in an application several years ago and never heard anything back from them, so wasn't sure if it was a waste of time or not.

anywho...........i asked for 2 weeks for an application and kept getting the run around.  then one day i went in to purchase something and they had the application for me.  it is 14 pages long.............so now i know why they put me off..........they didn't want to run the pages, lol.  they have to do a background check which takes time.  i waited a week and went back in, and the director told me there was some good news.  they were planning on hiring me for 2 days a week..........friday and saturday.  but they didn't have the background check done yet.  i waited another week, went in, and was told i was hired for fridays and saturdays, but since the criminal background check wasn't complete, i couldn't run the cash register.  that is the job i wanted to do, since i had experience.  so the director got on the phone, called the person in charge of the background check and was told that i had passed with flying colors.  I WAS OFFICIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  woo hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!  they don't pay quite as much as my current job, but on my current job i only get a raise of 15 cents an hour per year, and i never have gotten my initial raise of 25 cents from 4.5 years ago.  this new job offers a dollar an hour a year.  in 3 years the current cashier has gone from $6 an hour to $10 an hour.............which is more than a dollar a year.  so if they like me, i might be able to give up my other job after 6 months to a year.  on my current job, my days are about 5-6 hours long.  on the new job, i get a full day.......8 hours.  i also get 2 breaks and 45 minutes for lunch, which is better than my old job. 

THANK YOU LORD FOR PROVIDING ME WITH THIS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

i just have the one obstacle........one employee doesn't like me........or if she does, she has a weird way of showing it.  but everyone there knows how she is and they just let her be, so i guess i will have to do the same.

i haven't decorated for halloween yet due to not wanting my stuff stolen out of my yard.  there is a lot of foot traffic on the side walk around my house, since i am on a corner.  so since i am off today and tomorrow, i will decorate. 

3  weeks ago i had asked my current general manager for 4 particular days off.  we have to do this via the company computer.  i got confirmation on 2 of them.  the other 2 i didn't.  one of the days was halloween night.  when i got to work yesterday, i discovered i had been scheduled to work on halloween..............I DON'T THINK SO!  i have tons of candy to give out and lots of cool decorations.  i spent the evening trying to find someone to swap with me and finally found a girl that was willing to and was elated i was taking her friday so she could go visit her parents.  it worked out well after all.

well, i have much to do so better get started.  i want to try to read some of the journals i have neglected. 

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job, Regina. Hope it works out for you.

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy for you.  I am sure you will very much enjoy working there.  It would be a minor miracle if everybody liked everybody..so even if one out of the rest of the group is not particularily  friendly at the moment  maybe in time she will become a good mate.  Have a lovely weekend.  enjoy Halloween.  Love sybil x

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you. Hope you will like your new job very much. Paula

Anonymous said...

I think that is great news!!  Looks like there might be a good future there as well.  I never would have guessed that they gave out good raises like that, but it sure sounds like a good plan.

Greg