Thursday, December 27, 2007

ANOTHER LOSS

no one passed on this time........at least not in the sense of death.  but i just lost someone dear to me.  someone who has remained constant as an online friend......until today.  i have to admit..........it cut through me like a knife.

my tears are keeping me from writing as i wish.  my heart is broken.  this friend was there with me from the beginning of my internet experience.  she talked to me, online and on the phone, through numerous situations i found myself in.  we listened to each other when we needed someone to talk to, a friend to lean on.  of course, i admit, i leaned on her more than she did me.  she found love, true love, long before i did.  and now she has a lovely family and a great life.  i am still battling life in general, trying to find my way to that ultimate goal........true happiness. 

in an innocent email to my friend, i tell her of something i received via email from someone in my past.  she made a comment about not believing me when i told her how i felt about the situation.  being one of few people i have met online and then met in real life, i was cut to the bone with her statement.  she seemed so angry in her emails, directing that anger at me.  her last email said "i'm done".  i can only assume she doesn't wish to be my friend anymore.  i am devastated.  maybe i should be "done".  maybe i should leave this computer on the street and not write anymore.  maybe i should "get a life" outside of my room and this contraption i write on. 

i think i am going to just go back to writing in my private offline journal and not come here online anymore.  i can't take all the death and all the deceit, the losses, and the attacks.  damn, i sound just like someone else i  know. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear.  Christmas is such an odd time of the year. There is so much to be happy about, then there is so much to be sad about.  People get stressed out, say things they don't actually mean...or at least they sometimes mean it in anger, then they spend days, weeks, then months recounting the anger...and by that time the thing thay actually said has been lost in exageration and imagination...By that time it seems to late to do anything about it whatever caused the rift/anger in the first place.  All that is sometimes needed is to say one word and that wee word is Sorry....for what we may ask ?  well maybe we don't even know or really remember...but does it really matter ?   Please try to keep positive  if sorry dosn't work it may be the time to say goodbye new friends are always around the corner.   Love and best wishes   Sybil xx

http://journals.aol.co.uk/sybilsybil45/villagelife

Anonymous said...

This is an awful shock.  It will take some time.  I went through something similar around Halloween/Thanksgiving time and cried for weeks, then suddenly I stopped crying.  I learned from it.  And grew from it.  I must tell you that I am so sorry for the pain and hurt you are feeling right now.  Gentle hugs sent your way from me,

NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-Creations/

Anonymous said...

Please do not stop writing in here.  I know how hurt you are because exactly the same thing happened to me.  I had a very dear online friend for years, I in England, she in America.  She actually came over to visit us after three years of phone calls, close friendship, exchanging photos.  She was extremely rude about the food we served, she was rude to people when she was taken places and finally when I had a panic attack in front of her she told me if she had known what I was like, she would never have come.  She knew what I was like, I had told her many times in e-mail and over the phone.  That was the end of the friendship, there was no going back.  I cried for a long time over that.  But, you move on, you make other friends, you concentrate on other things.  It is their loss. Often it takes a long time for people to show the other side of themselves.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Regina,

Please don't stop writing in this journal, Regina. I've been in a similar situation myself, and it hurts. But don't let it deter you - start again in the New Year.

Guido

Anonymous said...

please don't leave it isn't fair to those who care and want to remain loyal and faithful as both friends and readers
thanks
as always a friend

Anonymous said...

Sorry this happened but I hope you don't leave. Of course that is up to you but you would be missed if you left. Paula