Sunday, December 30, 2007

THANKS AND AN EXPLANATION

i just typed a very lengthy and informative entry and lost my wifi signal and boom......it was all gone...........sigh.  i won't go into it all again, but do wish to thank each and every one of you who responded to my plea for help.  i am much calmer now and can do what needs to be done with a better attitude and perspective.

for those who wondered how my housemate could enter my apartment, i have this explanation:   

         the house is a 110 year old victorian.  this is what it looks like:

the entire upstairs floor is my apartment.  the right side downstairs is my housemate's apartment.  that is her window on the bottom right in the picture.  you have to go up 21 steps inside the house to my apartment, but it covers the whole second floor and  has a small back porch that has 25 steps going down to the parking area and garage in the back.  i enter the house from the front.  my housemate enters through a door in the rear.  she has 3 doors that open onto the common area downstairs, ALL 3 of which are locked at all times, thus i have no access to her apartment.  all she has to do to enter my apartment is walk up the 21 steps.  all of my doors have 2 locks on them.  one is the original lock which requires a skeleton key (i have the key, but am afraid to use it since those locks are so old).  the other is a dead bolt that a previous tenant added, but i don't have a key for.  i don't have the money to buy more locks, but i think i am going to take one of the dead bolts off and take it in and have a key made.  that should solve most of my invasion problems.  another major concern is this:  the other carton of eggs in my fridge were old, quite old.  i just haven't taken the time to throw them out.  if she had eaten a couple of them, she would have gotten really sick, maybe even had food poisoning.  i have several "science projects" growing in my fridge, lol.

i noticed several of you mentioned the word friend.  i AM NOT friends with  my housemate if we weren't living in the same structure, i would never have been friends with her.  we are so different.  our lives parallel in many ways, but she has reacted totally different than i have to our respective lives.  i don't dislike her, i just don't like the fact that she chain smokes (and the smoke filters up to my apartment), she is an alcoholic (that is my perspective, not hers, but she has approached me drunk on numerous occasions) and she feels she can just walk into my space without permission and take what she wants.  i am very private and feel my space is my castle and my refuge.  after she left me the note about the eggs, i felt raped.......violated........for some time.  once my car was broken into and my cb radio stolen, as well as some music tapes, and the minute i sat in the car i felt raped and violated.  not a good feeling.

since i have calmed down i plan on writing up some ground rules and giving her a copy and keep a copy for myself.  and like a reader said, if she continually breaks the rules, i go to the landlord. 

i also wanted to straighten out something about the scarf.  i had given her several scarves to take to her job to try to sell for me.  she did sell 3 of them and bought 1 for herself.  she still had 1 that she hadn't returned yet, and she told me that she planned on keeping that one for herself and would pay me on friday.  so i didn't have a problem with that.

well i better stop and save while i still can...............

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soundsl like you have come up with a fine solution.  I hope it all works itself out.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to wish you a very happy and healthy 2008

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Yes I know the feeling you mentioned as my house was broken into in San Antonio. It is a very odd feeling to know someone has been in your house without your permission. Glad you have calmed down and thought this through. Sounds like you have come to a good decision. Happy New Year, paula

Anonymous said...

Maybe write entries in Word or something, then post them into the journal...
Hope it can be sorted out amicably - is it you calling the shots in that house?

Happy New Year!

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip/

Anonymous said...

This doesn't sound like a very nice situation to be in. I would fortify the place whatever the cost.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/acoward15/andy-the-bastard/