Wednesday, December 26, 2007

INTERNET FOR NOW

well, after doing something drastic that i was afraid would wipe out my computer altogether, i have local wifi.  i was afraid to hit the "system recovery" button, but thought since my computer had shut off access to the "system restore" option, i would just go another route.  when i clicked that button..........well, the whole system shut down and i had to re-register my computer as if i had just purchased it.  it retained most of my files as far as i can tell, but it allowed me access to the internet......at least for now. 

Christmas is always sad for me when my daughter isn't speaking to me.  once again, i had no contact with her on that day.

then the news of my internet friend, lahoma, passing on Christmas night, ended me in a crying jag.  i cried myself to sleep.  now i have crusty eyeballs.......sigh.

i only had one kitty visit for Christmas din-din.........gray.  i fed her ham and puppy food, lol.  she liked it lol.

i have a new fleece blankie for my kitty, coatie.  i put it over the heating pad and haven't been able to pry coatie off the pad since.  i think i made a great choice in her present.

we got rain on Christmas, which was a blessing.  it didn't put much back into the lakes, but it was better than nothing at all.  we are in such a drought here. goes to show you that you cannot take even water for granted.  what is next to go.......our air???

i hope everyone had a good Christmas, and i wish each of you a very happy and prosperous new year.  i am praying that this year is better than last year.

  coatie in the drawer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always sad when families are apart
my own most of my own did not come round
accept when they thought they could get ' unpaybackable loans
oh well they loose
i had a good christmas sort of
I am sorry for your loss
have a happy new year
and things will be better

Anonymous said...

It's sad to be separated from loved ones the way you were, Regina. And Lahoma's passing has left its mark across J-land.

Guido

Anonymous said...

I am sad for you, your Christmas does not sound to have been a good one.  All of us have been touched by the loss of Lahoma, we really are a community and we really all do care.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I do hope your daughter comes around soon.  I know you miss her.

Greg