Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NOTHING TO SAY???

paula over at PAULINE'S COUNTRY TALES AND OTHER THANGS had an entry about the "cat having your tongue".  her meaning was that she had little to talk about in an entry, but made an entry anyway.  i know exactly how she feels.  since i only get a strong enough signal to access the internet after midnight each night, i sit in front of the screen wondering what to type even when i don't have anything to say.  i feel i am wasting my internet access time, lol.

i worked today, at my craft store job.  i am growing less and less fond of that job since i have the other one.  i hope to soon be able to quit the craft store and work only at the other store, but right now i need both jobs just to make ends meet.

for those of you that are older (50 and up), have you noticed that as you age you have less tolerance for loud noises and modern day rock singers who just scream into the microphone?  or is it just me, lol.  it is hard to believe that when i was a teen and young adult, i was the lead female vocalist and bass guitarist for a local rock band.  now i seldom enjoy "today's" rock music.  i still like to listen to the rock of yesteryear.

the weather here is still in the mid 70's during the day, and 50's at night.  a journal friend commented that it was 5 below zero where they live...........now that is cold, lol.  i hope it doesn't get that cold here this winter.........if it ever gets cold.

i am off work again tomorrow, but have numerous errands to run.  i would love to sleep in.  i took an hour nap today before going to work and it made my evening worse.  i was groggy all night.  i find myself sitting here now "nodding", but I HAVE INTERNET ACCESS........I CAN'T GO TO BED!!!!!!!  lol.

i haven't  heard any news on my online friend, lahoma.  i hope and pray she is resting easy and doing better.

i want to change the format of my journal, but am afraid to mess with it since older entries would be compromised.  i often use white or light colored font in some of my entries.........and if i changed my background, some of my older entries might not be readable.  any suggestions???

i am babbling now, so will look for a poem to share.

OUR CHOICE

I hear the sound of a train , a truly lonesome sound
The steel wheels squeal on the tracks, nowhere bound

I sometimes wish I could hop that train, going nowhere
And flee my life of hopelessness and endless despair

But as I sit and dream of riding on that train
I realize I am the one who causes all my pain

One cannot escape the reality of this
We can make our life miserable or live in total bliss

It all hinges on the way we see the world each day
If we only see darkness and doom, despair will come our way

But if we look into the sky and see the brightness of the sun
We have not lost this war called life, to fight we’ve just begun

Some battles will be lost as we walk this mortal land
But at the end of life, we can say we took a stand

Giving up and letting go are the easier paths to take
Either way we choose to go, the choice is ours to make

(C) by Regina 2006

                                             

                          

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning,  Hop ethat you have had a good nighths sleep.  Lucky you having it nice and warm  still very cold this morning and still -5  However the sun will soon be up and will get to work melting all the frost that looks a bit like snow this morning.  Your journal looks just fine to me.  Only one thing is the background colour. I do find the pink quite hard on the eyes.  LOve  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

May I hop that train with you? Paula

Anonymous said...

You had plenty to say there, Regina. Have a good Thursday

Anonymous said...

I wish I had some suggestions about how to go about changing your journal, but you have hit upon the key problem.  The only thing I would think that could be done would be to go back and edit the older entries with a different font color.  I know that will be time consuming, but depending on your reasons for making the change, might be worth it.

Greg

Anonymous said...

With poetry such as you write, I can't imagine you ever having nothing to say. I enjoy reading you, the pleasure is purely mine. (Hugs) Indigo

Anonymous said...

We all make those "nothing to say" entries.  It's funny, but usually we start out thinking we have nothing to say, and then end up saying a lot -- like you just did! lol  I enjoyed the poem.
Lori

Anonymous said...

You say alot with just a few words.  I wonder if we live near each other now?  I am in NW Georgia in Bartow County, in Cartersville.  I haven't heard about Lahoma yet either.  I'm going to find out soon and let you know something. I'm only 46 and my ears are SOOO sensitive I have to have something in them all the time to cope.  

Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas,
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Crocheted-creations/