Monday, August 2, 2004

THE MESSAGE BOARD MASSACRE

But anyway, my point is, let's all get passed this and move on :)

(((hugs to all)))

 

several days ago, i sent my farewell letter to the journal board.  there was so much drama, so much meanness, i decided it was in my best interests to move away from it at least for awhile.  i apologized to the one who was hurt, as well as to everyone who felt i had somehow offended them.  yet, i open the journal message board today, and there are 20 new posts about this issue.  as jes states above.........get past this and move on...........

i was not born with a hurtful nature, nor was i taught to be mean and hateful and hurtful.  amazing what a bad life can do to you............but.........what hurts me more is that people cannot forgive and forget.  and that some people feel that they have to keep the fires going to feel self important.  this is the last time i will mention this journal board incident.  it was heavy on my heart, and i felt the need to write what i was feeling.  to those who feel they must carry this torch forward, i pray you will let go of it, and instead, pick up the torch of forgiveness, and move forward. 

thanks to those who made some nice comments about moving on and letting go of this.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Dont think I have ever been to the messgae boards. Isnt that starnge. I have never checked them out. I guess now i am glad. I am always worried about what i say to people. Lori

Anonymous said...

Forgifness!  i know nothing of which you speak
but i like 2 put out occasional fires...
[hint: write evything as if your grand=mother
was reading it over your shoulder]
Nice Glow---i'll bounce back soon

Anonymous said...

There's always the lurkers that look for an excuse to keep trouble brewing. You just have to tighten your belt and skip past it without commenting, or they will continue to stir the pot. Hugz from me to you Regina

Lahoma

Anonymous said...

I too am new to the journals and now to the message boards. I came upon your message and trully felt bad for you. I don't know what you were (so heartfully) apologizing for but just the fact that you had to apologize at all. If it wasn't that
I too need an oulet at times, I would of given up on the journals- as with the chat rooms. They remind me too much of high school when lifes insecurities and fear of growing up come into play as ugly, mean, hurtful adolescents. I applaud you for having the insight and inner strengh to not only get through this but also to know when to back off-not because you were wrong but because letting go sometimes is the only right. Good Journal, Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I used to visit the board alot but one person in particulair (that is still there) was a total jerk to me for what reason I dont know! So I dont go in too often anymore and when I do I ignore alot of the JUNK thats on it , state my business and move on......lol

Anonymous said...

If you noticed, I never once said anything unkind, nor did I fan the flames.  I also kept mentioning that you had been hurt as well. I never wanted you to feel pain over expressing your opinion...I am once again offering my hand in friendship. I'm really not all that bad. Lahoma and Lori are good friends of mine...they'll vouch for me. :-)