Monday, August 16, 2004

A PRAYER ANSWERED

 

                      PRAYINGHANDS.bmp

all too often we push God to the background till we need Him.  then, we beg Him for favors, some of which we need and deserve, and some of which we could surely live without. 

two weeks ago today my car was repo'd by the lienholder.  i made an entry about it here in my journal.  it surprised, shocked, hurt and angered me that this happened.  it seems that suddenly everything is going horribly bad in my life.............but................

i had pushed God to the background, and called on Him from time to time, but hadn't had the faith required to allow God to work in my life.  i am the type of person who tries to do everything myself.  guess that comes from being abandoned by two husbands..........sigh.........anyway.............

i spoke with my bankruptcy attorney this morning, and she gave me a number to call to find out where my car had been taken, and how much in storage fees i would have to pay.  i called the long distance number (which i thought was odd, since the car was supposed to be 23 miles away in griffin, georgia) and he told me the lienholder had released the car, and i could come get it anytime before 5:00 pm today, or any day m-f 8am-5pm.  i asked how much were the storage fees, and he said, well, it says here that the lienholder is paying those for you, so you owe nothing to us or the storage company.  i fell over out of my chair, lol, and then began singing inside praises to God.  i told the man, kevin, i could just hug his neck.  but, then he told me where he, and my car, were..........charlotte, north carolina.  i was shocked.  the lienholder had sent it to a car auction house to be sold.  i saved it by filing chapter 13 bankruptcy.  but it all happened in God's timing, and in His will.  so i cannot complain, but only sing praises.

so, don't wait till God answers a prayer the way you want Him to.....sing His praises before something good happens.........and let Him know you have faith in Him and His will for you life.  good advice, but now, can i accept it too????????? 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow wonderful simply wonderful. Like the rose you have in this journal its awsome Lori

Anonymous said...

My mom (My78NovaTa of Lori's Laurels) sent me your journal link!  You have a very nice journal!  I like what you had to say today.  I also love the rose picture you have in this entry.... where did you find such a beautiful picture?!?!?!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things got worked out and you got your car back. God Bless You

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! happy dance all around Regina! hee hee
God is Good!

Lahoma

PS Beautiful pic

Anonymous said...

I glad you will be getting your car back.  Will you be driving to NC to get it?

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful testamony ! Im SO glad you got your car back! God IS good, isnt he?