Friday, January 12, 2007

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME??

the pictures above seem innocent enough.  just look at that adorable face.  they are pictures of my daughter's cat, peaches, whom i was given custody of for about 16 months due to her mother moving into a place that wanted too much for a pet deposit.  later, peaches' mother moved again, with the roomie, into a house, and didn't have to pay a deposit for pets.  her mother got her back a little less than a year ago.  my own cat has been a really happy camper since she has been gone.  and of course, i had to have my beloved spooky put to rest last year, due to old age (19).

when my daughter retrieved this "little angel", i said i would never do that again.  she stayed in heat all the time, so was going around meowing constantly.  she loved antagonizing my two cats.  when my coatie would hide from her under the cover on the bed, peaches would find the coatie lump and jump up and down on her.  peaches also loves to sleep on top of you.  literally, on top.  she would wait till i was almost comfortable, then find the highest peak of my body, and settle down on it for the night.  needless to say, it was usually my hip, and my leg was numb the next morning.  she especially liked sleeping between michael's legs........which made it difficult for him to even move at night.

peaches also barks.  sometimes i think she thinks she is a guard dog.  she also likes sneak attacks.  spooky would be laying at the foot of my bed, sound asleep, and peaches would get mad for some reason unknown to anyone else, and would jump up and go over and slap the crud out of spooky. 

my daughter sometimes paid her monthly "cat support" ($10 a month) on time and in full, but many months she didn't pay anything.  so i had to scrimp on my needs to feed and keep a clean litter box for all three kitties.  so needless to say, we were all happy to see miss peaches go home to her mommy.............

well..........my daughter and her roomie have decided to move.....again.  it appears that the apartments where they lived before, when i kept peaches, has a policy that says you have to pay a $400 pet deposit, as well as show proof that the animal is spayed or neutered, and has had all current inoculations.  my daughter has no problem with that, for she loves her peaches.  but..........even though she has known that she has to move today, the 12th, she hasn't bothered to make an appointment to have peaches spayed and have her shots.  so........she calls me over and asks me if i can keep peaches again, just until her appointment.  ok.........no.  i am already on thin ground with my landlord and don't need any more problems.  i sorta hem-hawed and told her it might get us booted from our place, so then she goes in for the kill...................this is the part i hate about my daughter................

"well, if you can't take her for that period of time, we will have to either give her away or have her put to sleep". 

i admit, i love peaches too, for she is a unique individual..........as are most cats.  but i think the fact that i want to be able to do something for my daughter is what keeps me in hot water.  of course, i said YES. 

then, my daughter tells the vet on the phone that "I" will be bringing peaches in on the 23rd.  i will???  it seems that my darling daughter is in school from 8 am till 4 pm that day, and with travel time, won't be able to take her.  so.........i have to have her to the vet that morning by 8 am.............

so..................is there something wrong with me???  or am i just a good mother??

sigh.............................

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a good mother, but one that needs to set some boundaries.  It is time for your daughter to take care of her own responsibilities.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Whew is that a loaded question or what? I love cats too but----Paula