Wednesday, January 31, 2007

ONLINE FRIENDS

i come online and read journals of other people and how they say that having somewhere to vent or share with other people means so much.  yes, it does.  there is a bit of anonymity there, mainly because you can't personally interact with the other individuals.  but having someone who is forthright and honest become an "online friend" means so much to so many. 

there is so much deceit and fraud going on in the internet community, it is refreshing to meet people who are aboveboard and honest.

i have been watching a journal for some time, and i even dedicated an entry to his "hobby".  he is truly good at what he does in his spare time...............

but what i like the most is that this person has become a truly good "friend".  nothing romantic, for we both have significant others.............but a good human bond between two people who enjoy some of the same things in life.  i appreciate his work, he appreciates my feedback and comments.  he is funny and loves to poke fun once in awhile.  he has also offered up a few pearls of wisdom on other aspects of my life, as i have his.  no judgments, just suggestions.  no ire or ill wishes........just communication between human beings separated by space. 

thanks to this person for letting me be an internet "friend".  (you know who you are....GK)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, lets see....who could this be?   Tapping finger on lower lip....thinking, thinking....

Well if this isn't just the nicest way to end my day.  Thank you.

Your friend,
Greg

Anonymous said...

I am always Glad to see friends online share i enjoy much as you must reading yours among others. Though this is addressed to a certain one. I must say I really enjoy letting my creativity out from time to time. This venting whether it is poems or stories or even my "venting" sure helps sometimes.
I am sitting smiling thinking now i should be dumping all those poems i haven't into the journals.