Saturday, January 6, 2007

WORDBLOCK

I know most of you that even still visit my journal are finding me boring lately.  I have a severe case of wordblock............nothing comes to me, not even the sentences I am typing now, without some hard thought.  I sometimes think it is my depression.....other times I worry it may be the diabetes........I just read some disturbing things on WebMD about Diabetic Neuropathy.  I know I have it in my hands and feet, but didn't know what else it can affect.  It can bring on Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Bell's Palsy, gastric problems, blindness, inability to think clearly............etc. etc.

A lot of that I already knew.  But some of it scares me.  I have had Bell's Palsy twice.  I was always told it was brought on by having Chicken Pox late in life and also by having cold sores frequently (Herpes Simplex).  I guess getting older does bring on a whole lot of medical concerns.........whether we are ready for them or not.

I hope everyone out in Cyber Land is having a wonderful New Year.  I have thus far stuck to my guns on my New Year's Resolution.  But heck, it is only the 6th of the month.................I have plenty of time to break the resolution, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, you are not boring at all.  I have found myself not commenting as much as I once did, because I too am having a case of wordblock.  I seem to be having difficulty finding something worthwile to say when it comes to commenting.  I hope you are worried for nothing about what you read on WebMD.  Sometimes knowledge can lead to worries about one's health.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I never find you boring. John's Bell's Palsy still affects him some and its been about two years but he has Macular Degeneration too. No diabetes though as far as we know. Feel better soon, Paula