Saturday, January 20, 2007

SURVIVAL

i have entitled this entry "survival"...........i have survived many things in my life.  but this entry is in recognition of surviving a week with two demon cats..........AND surviving this planet for 53 years.............yep, i  had a birthday.  (i want to take this opportunity to thank the people that sent me birthday greetings........deb, barbara, and michael, as well a a card from andy)

the cats are very slowly getting adjusted.  i figure by tuesday morning, when it is time for peaches to leave for the vet, they will be "friendly" (if that is an applicable term here).  peaches lets me pick her up now, but only when coatie isn't in the room.  i have a couple of battle scars from peaches, brought on by coatie arriving in the room just as i picked up peaches and cuddled her to me. 

i awoke one night to find peaches sitting next to my pillow, hissing at coatie, who sleeps on a heating pad at the foot of the bed.  after coatie chased her off the bed, peaches remained in the den the rest of the night.

i have to admit it has been an adventure thus far with the two kitties, but hey, you only live once, and every day should be an adventure..............

Picture from Hometown

as for my birthday.................i worked, and nothing spectacular occurred.  just another day............

last year when i turned 52, michael gave me a card and wrote on it "now you are playing with a full deck" (meaning 52 cards, you know).  there isn't anything you can do a pun on for 53..............sigh...................

i am surviving life one day at a time and when i think about having been here on earth for 53 years, it sorta scares me.  i will not have another 53 years.  i have to make good use of what i do have and stop wasting time on worrying, whining, and crying about things i cannot control.  there are many things i want to do before i pass on to live with my Master. 

i would love to visit my homeland of ireland (though born and raised here in georgia). 

i would love to visit the hawaiian islands. 

i would love to see my daughter meet and marry a wonderful christian man, and have at least one grandchild for me. 

i would love to have all my bills paid up and not owe anyone..........

i would love to see all my poetry and prose in a published book all my own.............(currently all my stuff is in numerous books with others' collections)

i would love to meet dr. phil, oprah winfrey and tyra banks............

i would love to have a place (paid for) where i can have kitties and puppies who need a home............

the list goes on.................

i would love to see world peace as well, but though i believe strongly in God's power, i don't think it is going to be in my lifetime..............

i guess what i am slowly learning in my life is that you DO have to live each day to the fullest.............and don't waste a minute of it.  when you are young, you feel like you have forever to do what you want.  but when you get older, and the energy levels are down, you realize what you haven't done and suddenly want to do it................

ok, i am done...................gotta get up and go experience something else in life before it is too late..................actually, grocery shopping, lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!  I didn't realize that was coming up.  53 huh?  Well, since you got your full deck last year, you now have one of the two Jokers that come with the deck.  Guess that means that you have two years of being a wild card.

Greg
http://journals.aol.com/radar446/PhotoTrek/

Anonymous said...

Omgosh you typed it wrong .. you little diva you.. your only 35 shame on you ..
well happy birthday I was forgive me .. unable to contact via card thanks to my stupidity
i am on a borrowed computer lol.. i blew mine up......yep
always give it your verybest...
so it is back to the shop and out of the wallet goes the moth chasing bills
and hopefully this time it works when it gets back
well can't tie this thing up long or it crashes
blessing dearest friend
As Always.. and HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU THIRTY FIVE  year old DIVA
and remember your always .. beautiful to your friends