Thursday, July 3, 2008

ANGER TIMES 2

A little girl asked her mother, 'Can I go  outside and play with the boys?'

Her mother replied, 'No, you can't play with the boys, they're too rough.'

 

The little girl thought about it for a few moments and asked, 'If I can find a smooth one, can I play with him?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I had to start with an icebreaker and I thought that one was a good example.

 

As you can tell by my title, I am not a happy camper.  For starters, on Tuesday night I had a good wifi connection so began writing in my journal about my day at work and the funny thing that happened with my cat when I got home.  It was a rather lengthy entry, rambling around like I usually do.  I had successfully added a picture and clicked “save” and voila……………something ate my entry.  I cannot say it was aohell, nor can I say it was my computer or the wifi signal, but SOMETHING ate my entry.  (I hope it choked on it!!!!!!!!!)  I decided to write this entry in a WORD document and save it to put in my journal when the internet powers that be will allow.

 

Secondly, I had a really bad day at work on Wednesday, but the problem is……..I didn’t even realize it was bad until much later in the day.

 

My day started out as usual, as I followed the same daily routine.  The only problem I saw was that the girl who usually relieves me on breaks hadn’t shown up for work yet, making her an hour late already when I got to work at 10 am (my scheduled time).  Most of the staff had gone out to eat on Tuesday night to celebrate the birthday of one of the volunteers.  Even the boss and his wife had come and we all had a truly fantastic time.  We all gave the guy a gag gift and we actually got his goat, which is really hard to do.  Two of the staff members were not in attendance, making it an even more enjoyable evening. 

 

If you have been following my stories of work, you will remember the woman who thinks she should be manager (and complained enough to get appointed supervisor over all the community service workers).  Well, another co-worker told me, as the store was closing for the day, that that woman had called our director outside as she was leaving to tell him that he was going to have to fire me………..me……….yep, ME!  The way the tale was told is like this………..

 

Woman says:  well, you are going to have to fire her.

Director says:  well if I do, I won’t have a cashier.

Woman says:  I will cashier until you can hire someone to fill the position.

 

Ok……….well, the co-worker who told me this has been known to, um, fabricate some things.  So, I don’t really know if she is fabricating this to stir up trouble (this co-worker has already turned in her 2 week notice, so she has nothing to lose in starting a rumor to stir things up), or if this is really true.

 

Earlier in the day there was an incident that occurred with the director’s wife that I didn’t even realize was an incident till later in the day.  I cannot go into it just in case someone finds and reads this journal.  But the boss’s wife thought I had done something on purpose to insult her and when she told me about it, first I was angry, then hurt, that she actually thought this had happened the way she perceived it.  I was on break so went out to my car to put some items in it and almost drove home.  Now that I think about it, I am glad I didn’t, because then it would be considered job abandonment. 

 

While I was angrily standing by my car deciding what to do, the boss’s wife came out and apologized to me and said she misunderstood what was said and I apologized for it even happening, and we hugged and she said that was the end of it, it would not be mentioned again.  So even though I was still shaken up over it, it was over as far as we both were concerned.

 

Then when the other co-worker told me what the “pushy” co-worker had said about firing me, I asked her what brought it all about, and she said it was because of what happened between the boss’s wife and myself.  First of all, how did this co-worker even know what had transpired??  The whole conversation between the boss’s wife and myself took place in the boss’s office with him and the assistant director present.  So how did anyone else even know about what happened unless someone was listening in.

 

I was so upset by the time I got home I was considering calling the boss on his cell phone.  Instead, I thought about calling the only co-worker I trust at her home.  I asked her to not say anything to anyone, but that I needed to vent and to ask advice.  She was livid.  She couldn’t believe that the boss’s wife even would talk to me that way, and she told me that I should have stood up to the boss’s wife and told her that she wasn’t my boss, or even a co-worker, thus she had no right to even confront me about it.  She said she thought I needed to go into the boss’s office on Thursday (I am off work, so that will be a good time to do this) and ask him to call in the woman who said I should be fired, and the one who told me what was said, as well as the friend I called at home as an objective outsider (and witness to what goes on in the meeting).  She said she would pretend she had not gotten previous knowledge of the incident and would listen to what was said and be objective, but would also stand by me in the whole thing.  So I have to face this on Thursday morning…….something I am not really good at………I usually try to avoid confrontations.  But this time my job may be on the line………even though I know it really isn’t because the boss just gave me a glowing review.

 

The friend I called at home said that the “pushy” woman had complained about me all last week for “doing my job”.  She said the woman said she was tired of hearing me call over the pager asking for guys to come help customers load their items (heavy items like furniture, as well as multiple packages).  Well hell………..she is the one who intimidated the boss into making her supervisor over the community service workers, so I HAVE to call on her instead of calling directly for the guys. 

 

I have a lighter story to tell…………

 

There is a new MONSTER in our home.  When I saw it at work I knew I HAD to take it home to “terrorize” my poor little kitty.  But it backfired on me.  She LOVES it.  She jumps on it, attacks it, flings it across the floor, lays on it, pads on it, tries to bury it in the carpet like it was poop in the litterbox, and then walks away like “mission accomplished”.  This is the new arrival at our house…………

 

 

Photobucket

a real fur hat........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Wumz..there sure is a lot going on at your workplace.  It just dosn't seem to be going your way at athe moment..I hope if you did go in to see the Boss you got things cleared up.  However do be careful...Bosses and wives usually stick together no matter what the circumstances...could there be anything "going on?" between the boss and woman who he gave the job to ????  just a thought  as they say the onlooker often sees most of the game !!   Keep us informed..it's like a good drama !  Have a lovely weekend. Forget work get out in the fresh air and just enjoy what we all have free from our Lord his great and lovely world. Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I think the pushy woman was/is friends with the bosses wife or else how would she have known?  

This is a hard situation to be in.  I wouldn't feel comfortable working in this atmosphere for a minute.  There is too much strife there.  

I'm keeping you in my prayers and hoping for better times for you.  You are far more than just a cashier there.  I hope they start appreciating you soon.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/Prayingandbelieving/