Friday, July 4, 2008

THE HIGH HEEL

i went to my job this morning and picked up my paycheck, and while there i asked the boss if i could call a conference.  his attitude completely changed, as well as the countenance on his face.  he was bright and cheery when he first saw me, and then he looked like a beaten dog, almost frightened.

i asked him to call in the 2 people responsible for my fearing losing my job, and the woman who befriended me on the phone last night.  he said first he wanted to know the names of the 2 people involved, and which one said what and to whom.  i tried to stand my ground and make him realized i wasn't leaving until i had a meeting with all of those named.  he refused to call a meeting, but said he would sit down with me and discuss the matter and then if he felt there was a need to call in the others, he would.  i figured if that was what was going to happen, nothing would be accomplished.  he would tell me what i wanted to hear and then tell the others what they wanted to hear.  but after an hour in his office with the doors closed, i did feel better.

i specifically asked him if my job was in jeopardy.  he assured me it was not.  and he also said that since the woman who accused the other woman of saying she wanted me fired was going to be gone as of this coming saturday, there was no need stirring her up, just let her go and then he and i and the woman accused of wanting me fired would have a meeting saturday.  i agreed to this.  i probably made a big mistake, but what else could i do?

after i left his office i went out into the store and helped the lady i called for advice stock our new display cabinet and did a few other things, then left.

i got a few things accomplished today.  i paid my storage unit rental fee and went down to look at the smaller unit i am going to be moving into.  it isn't too far down from the one i am in now.  it looks sooooooo much smaller.  my current unit is 10' x 20' and the new one is 10'x 10'.  i think i can get everything in it that i don't want to take to my apartment right now.  i think i am leaving the fridge, my huge secretary, my small china cabinet, my piano, my curio cabinet, amanda's furniture, and taking the smaller pieces of furniture, my bed frame with headboard and footboard, and my washer and dryer, as well as the dolls and other miscellaneous items.

i bought a few groceries, went to the food pantry tonight and brought everything up to the apartment.  i didn't get any frozen foods, meats, etc. this time.  but they gave me 2 bags of cat food, so coatie will eat this month, lol.

i have been buying some furniture at the store where i work and if it is small enough, i have been bringing it home.  i have a nice love seat in the foyer of the store that they want out as soon as possible, as well as the dinnette table i bought.  i recently brought all the dinnette chairs home, 1 at a time.  and yesterday i brought my newest purchase home with me.  a new chair.  i am hoping to be able to put a picture of it in here...........

ok, ok, maybe it is a bit over the top.........but it is SOOOOOO comfy!  seriously!  and a real conversation piece.......even though the only ones i converse with are my daughter and my cat...........sigh.  there use to be a store a mile or so down the road that had unique furniture for halfway decent prices.  they also sublet to a couple of boutiques.  one of the boutiques had 2 really cool dressing rooms and each dressing room had one of these high heel chairs.  one was leopard print like mine, and the other was zebra print.  they were not for sale, but i said that if i ever saw one somewhere and it was affordable, i would get it.  i have sort of an animal room set up in my landing area between my 2 bedrooms.  i have a small giraffe print rug on the floor, stuffed animals everywhere, a large stuffed bear laying on the giraffe rug, and now, i have my leopard print shoe-chair.  my life is complete................lol.

i am getting sleepy but had good wifi coverage, so felt i needed toget this entry in if possible.  now i notice that the wifi signal is missing.......so i might not be so lucky after all...................

i haven't done a kittycaption lately, so if i can get one in here, i will do so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Wumz...I think all said and done the chat with the boss went as well as could be expected.  It must be very very difficult for him to be put in such a situation..Do you not have Saturday off after 4h July.  I was hoping that you would all have a long weekend break.  Hope all goes well at that meeting but do remember that tittle tattle is very rarely worth making to much of a fuss about..the starter of rumors gets their own way if you respond...mind what I said about the bosses wife....take care... Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

Wow thats quite a chair. Never seen one like it. Paula

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your boss does appreciate you and wants you to be comfortable. I hope when it comes time to talk between you , the woman (with the ugly disposition) and your boss that all goes well. Your chair is most certainly unique. It looks like a fun piece of furniture to have around. (Hugs)Indigo