Wednesday, July 16, 2008

HOPEFULLY A VIDEO

Most of you that have been with me for a while know that I have wild outdoor kitties that I try to feed and water.  It was much easier when I had the 2 cases of hot dogs in my freezer.  But now that things are harder to come by to feed them, there are numerous others, mostly babies of the “babies” that I helped raise over the last couple of years.

 

One of those kitties that has been most faithful is Gray.  She is the one who looks like a Siamese, only her tips are gray instead of brown.  She used to be really silky and beautiful.  She has been coming around more often lately, and is so emaciated.  I have shot a short video that I am going to try to add to this entry.  I forgot that my voice would show up on the computer version, so please forgive my stupid voice if the video goes through.  Gray is still an elegant lady, but just so very thin.  I told one of the ladies I work with about her, and even showed her the video on my camera, and she said she would buy her a bag of cat food.  How sweet is that?  She doesn’t even have a cat.  Not sure she even likes them other than they are God’s creatures.

 

I haven’t had any more of the panic attacks,so hopefully I will get my meds soon and I won’t have to worry about that anymore.  I was off on Saturday and Sunday, worked Monday, off Tuesday, and worked today (Wednesday) and there were no episodes with the customers or even the co-workers.  Oh, well, there was one thing.  I went out to sit with the community service workers while I was on my break, and the chair I was sitting in was already broken, but I didn’t know it.  It was an office chair, and when I leaned back, it fell to the right and almost threw me out of it.  I had one of the guys grab my hand to steady me so that I could get up.  A little while later, the very same lady who offered to buy the cat food was sitting out there in the same chair, and I told her to be careful, it would throw her out.  She made a comment that really hurt my feelings and I felt it was rude and uncalled for.  She said the reason I fell out of the chair was because I was so big.  I am an ample woman, but one of the community service workers, Neshia, who weighs 90 lbs. soaking wet, ALSO fell out of the chair.  So……………….

 

The same lady made a comment once about my relationship with Michael.  I was showing her his picture and she said “Why on earth is HE with YOU?!”  I guess skinny people don’t realize how badly they hurt those of us that are more on the hefty side.  I must admit, she is the perfect size.  But even if she weren’t, I would never say anything nasty like that to her or about her.  I just don’t understand people.  Especially when they profess to be Christians.

 

The young cashier that is actually the “head” cashier had a taste of what I go through today and she didn’t like it.  She and I get along really well, mostly because we have a more honest relationship.  If we have something to say to each other, we do so, getting it out in the open and over with.  In fact she often says she hates working when I am not there.  Anywho……….today, the afore mentioned co-worker who offered to buy the cat food had told her she would buy her lunch today since the younger girl had given her some money for lunch earlier in the week.  I was at lunch myself and returned to find EVERYONE except the young cashier out under the tree eating their lunch.  I knew she couldn’t go to lunch until I returned, so when I went back up there to relieve her, she was mad as a hatter.  She was fussing and cussing under her breath.  I asked what was wrong and she was so mad, she couldn’t even get the words out.  Evidently the “nice” lady was going to buy lunch for herself and 2 others.  So there should have been 3 subway sandwiches, 3 bags of chips, and 3 drinks.  There were 3 employees sitting out under the tree at the picnic table and all 3 were eating and drinking subway items.  So the young girl thought that the “nice” lady had given her lunch to one of the other co-workers.  I told her not to go out there cussing and accusing, just go tell her that I was back from lunch and she was ready for her sandwich, chips and drink.  She went out there and was told that the only thing that the other lady took that was hers was her drink.  The young girl was still angry because she didn’t have anything to drink.  She found some drinks in the Director’s mini fridge, so she was ok.  But she was still angry the rest of the afternoon about the way they treated her.  I told her that was the way they did me all the time, but I was sorry it happened to her as well.

 

I am going to try to add my video and save this entry while I have Internet access.  I am off tomorrow, so am glad I have access tonight so I can catch up on reading emails, answering them, reading journals and commenting in them.

 

I may be back to add another entry later if I can.  If there is nothing after this sentence, the video wouldn’t take. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pity I didn't see the video  would have been a good laugh I think !!  I don't think that I would like to work where you do Wumz..I stheer no chance of finding another place that ...might..just might ....be a better place ?  It is a shame to leave though because of other folks's attitudes, but it is not a happy environment

Thank good ness you do have the kitties at least you can speak to them without any come back Lol   Love  Sybil xx

Anonymous said...

I wish I lived closer I would drop you a bag of cat food now and then for them.  I feed dozens here  and it is nothing to feed more. I love your descriptions of the wild kitties I sit and pet my own and say see there is good people out there to love your extended family.  
I am sorry the girl was left out of the lunch but I think if you buy for one you should for all.
I would write more but this is your space.
as always a friend

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are surrounded by such nasty, hurtful people at work.  I'm sorry to hear that, it has to be stressful which tells me it's no wonder you have such anxiety attacks.  It was very cruel of that lady to say you fell out of the chair because of your weight..that is just mean.  Yet she offered to buy cat food ~ perhaps she is better suited for animals than people.
Take care,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Work places can be veritable hell holes, Regina, as I know only too well.