Wednesday, February 21, 2007

SURVEY

due to a recent news event, i have decided to take a survey.  one of our local lutheran ministers was recently asked to step down, then removed from the pulpit, due to his having sought and found a live-in partner.  he is openly gay, and his church has had no problem with that or with his having a partner.  but the lutheran association took him from the pulpit after he and his partner announced their relationship. 

my question is this:

SHOULD A MINISTER/PASTOR/PRIEST/ETC. WHO IS OPENLY GAY AND HAS A LIVE-IN PARTNER BE ALLOWED TO PREACH THE WORD OF GOD TO OTHERS.

i have my own views on this matter, but thought it would be interesting to hear what others had to say on the matter.  don't be afraid to state your views one way or another, for i do not judge..........each person has to deal with his or her own feelings, thoughts and beliefs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so on the fence about this whole gay thing. Sometime I think they are born that way and can't help it. Other times I think it seems dead wrong. There are much worse things people do now days. Heck! I don't know I am just on the fence. Sorry I know this isn't the answer you wanted. Paula

Anonymous said...

your opinion is your own, and i am not looking for anything in specific, just what others that read my journal think about this situation.  thank you, paula, for your honest thoughts on it.

regina