Tuesday, February 27, 2007

THANK YOU

I had plans to end this journal when I came into the library today.  I was no longer enjoying writing in it since I didn't seem to have anyone out there reading me.  Of course, I do realize often people read and don't comment...........I do that as well, in others' journals.  But I still wondered if it was really worth coming here anymore to put down a few words here and there.  Then Greg rode in on his gun metal steel steed to save the day, and gave me hope that if I continued writing what was interesting to me, others would read me, and in time, possibly take the time to comment.  THANK YOU once again, Greg, for catching me as I went over the edge of the cliff...........

I have no hot water in my bathroom..........."Why?" you ask.  I have no idea.  I have to go see my landlord and find out.  I have hot water in my kitchen.  Yesterday as I was preparing for work, I took my shower (I had both hot and cold water) and got dressed.  When I went to brush my teeth, I turned on the cold water, and nothing happened.  Then I tried the hot water side, and nothing happened.  Then I turned on the hot and cold water in the very tub I just stepped out of and there was no water.  MMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! 

I went into the kitchen to check that water, and nothing.  Thank goodness I got my shower first.  I would have hated being my co-workers if I hadn't taken one, lol.

When I got home from work around 10 pm, I had forgotten about the water situation.  After watching tv, I went into the kitchen, cooked supper, washed up some dishes, and went into my den to eat.  As I was eating it dawned on me that I had run the water in the kitchen, and it was working, both hot and cold.  So I went into the bathroom and turned on the hot water.......nothing.  Not even gurgling.  Then the cold water........it was strong and cold.  Then I checked the bathtub faucet.  Same situation.........cold, but no hot.  MMMMMMMMMM!!! 

Some of you might have said I didn't pay my water bill.  But I don't pay for water.  My water, sewage and garbage pickup are free (or included in the small amount of rent I pay).  My landlord is a government official, so I am sure HE has paid the bill.  I didn't really worry too much about this situation, since I don't have to work today (Tuesday) and didn't HAVE to take a shower.  But Wednesday I have to be concerned, since I can't put people I come in contact with in jeopardy...........they would be ok as long as they were upwind, lol.

As I got up this morning and started my day, I checked the water situation again, and it was the same.  But I heard drilling and noises that sounded a little like construction coming from what appeared to be the downstairs.  I didn't see anyone, but I did see a strange car in the drive of the caretaker's house behind mine.  I am wondering if they are working on something that caused them to turn the hot water heater off.  The hot water heater is in a section of the downstairs that is locked and I don't have a key.  So I cannot go down and check it.  So my next step is to go see the landlord and ask him what is going on.  He might be having work done, and they had to shut off the water for a while, and forgot to turn something on.  I hope that is all it is. 

I still have to buy tires for my car.  I found some for $14 each, but they are a size smaller than what is recommended for my car.  I think I can still get them, as long as both front tires are the same size. 

I also have to buy a CD-Rom or DVD drive for my puter.  I attempted to install a USB connected wireless-G adapter, and my puter wouldn't load or play the installation CD.  I don't want to hire the GEEK SQUAD to come tell me I need a CD drive.  I can install it myself, if I can find out for sure that is all I need.  I am not completely computer hardware dumb.....but I am not a computer whiz either.

The weather has taken a turn for the better here.  It is cool at night, and warm, almost hot, during the day.  Of course, this is Georgia, and we haven't had our official "Ice Storm" yet.  The northern section of Georgia had one last week, but central Georgia hasn't.  So we expect any day now to walk out in our shorts and be hit with the Ice Monster. 

I went to the store last week and bought my little furdevil $3 worth of fuzzy balls, rats, etc.  She had a hay day the first night, and now doesn't even touch them.  She is too busy chasing the yarn I am using to make a baby afghan.  A friend, who is also a customer at work, brought me a buggy (shopping cart for non-Georgians) piled high with yarn she had and won't be using since she developed an allergy to them.  There were at least 200 skeins in there.  Some of it is from Richway, which went out of business about 15-20 years ago, lol.  I have finished 2 afghans and a Christmas tree skirt.  I am going to begin another baby afghan tonight.  I don't like crocheting when it is warm out, so have been taking advantage of the cooler nights to crochet and drape the afghan across my lap and legs as I do so.  By the way, the work I do is for sale, so if anyone wants to know what I have, email me and I will send a pic and a price.

Well, for someone who doesn't have anything to say, I have run amok.  Sorry...............

Blame it on Greg...........(weg)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's right, blame me....I'm used to it.

That is real strange about your water.  I wonder if the construction below is tapping into your lines instead of the other unit's.  That is about the only think I can think of to cause hot water loss in only one room.  If you have it in the kitchen, then the hot water heater is working, and you are getting water.  There is a problem somewhere between the water heater and you shower.  Therefore, I would imagine sombody with the unintentional low rise jeans might be to blame.  Call the landlord and have them check the situation.  Might be his low bid plumber is screwing things up.

Good deal on the tires, but I really wouldn't want different sizes front and rear.  You can manage doing it the way you are talking about keeping the fronts the same and the rears the same, but it is always better to have the same size and make all the way around.

Greg <------always getting blamed for something

Anonymous said...

I read you, I'm somebody. lol Sounds as if you have a water mystery. You may have to heat some water on the stove and take a sponge bath. Better then no bath at all. lol Good luck and glad you stayed. Paula

Anonymous said...

Don't be fooled ~ there are readers who don't write comments.
Take care & BB, Me

Anonymous said...

may i speak with free care free bliss
i would have missed this journal this
is a link to a friend i like to read
i am always here in time of need
just as they when they sit to write
know i am somewhere in the night
with a candle just to  light
if they want me to inspite
of what it may appear
i still find this author dear
so thank you dear friend that  you decided to stay
and hey greg sending a thanks your way