Tuesday, July 27, 2004

$2000

TODAY, FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES, I HELD $2000 IN MY HANDS.  I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY HELD THAT MUCH IN MY HANDS AT ONE TIME BEFORE.  IT FELT GOOD.  I AM NOT A MONEY WORSHIPPER, AND I WORK LONG HARD HOURS FOR MY MONEY, AND IMMEDIATELY UPON BEING PAID, I PAY MY BILLS UNTIL THE MONEY RUNS OUT.  BUT TODAY I FELT SO GOOD, HOLDING THAT MONEY.  NOT BECAUSE IT MADE ME FEEL RICH, NOT BECAUSE I "LOVE" MONEY, BUT BECAUSE, FOR A BRIEF TIME, MY BILLS ARE MOSTLY PAID, I HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE, AND I CAN SLEEP IN COMFORT AND PEACE FOR AT LEAST ANOTHER MONTH.  KNOWING THAT, AND THE FACT THAT THE MONEY WAS GIVEN TO ME WITH NO STIPULATIONS, MADE ME FEEL ECSTATIC.  OF COURSE, I AM BROKE AGAIN, LOL.  BUT FOR 20 MINUTES, I WAS ECSTATIC, LOL.  OK, NUF SAID.  PRAISE GOD FOR MY GOOD DAY. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, I used to just dream about all the things I could do with money in my hand, but the electric comapany and mortage always got to before I could, but it did feel good to know the bills were paid.God Bless

Anonymous said...

I only get paid once a month..I wait all month for that paycheck..and..hehe..I swear..just like you said..in 20 minutes..poof it's gone..<giggling> and I'm right back waiting for the next paycheck! Ü

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, I too can relate to such a dream, thou I have yet to hold any large sums of money.  Does a $20 count?  LOL  But I thank the Lord every day that my needs are always met even in the worst of times.  Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a great feeling. I have felt it