Friday, July 30, 2004

OVERWHELMING

i love living in a house.......but sometimes the duties of living in one overwhelm me.  i am 50 and not in the best of shape......though i am not dead yet either.  but there is always grass to cut, trimming to do, meals to cook, dishes to do, cleaning to do, things that need doing and i just don't have the time or energy.  i never thought i would be living alone at age 50.  i had always envisioned having a wonderful mate, to share my silver years.  sigh.  yet, here i am, no children at home, no mate.......just me.  oh, and my two cats.........and they don't clean up after themselves........sigh.  i know, quit complaining, get off the computer and get the stuff done........but.......it is easier said than done........i don't set schedules like i should.  i should allocate slots of time to do certain things when i am not working.  yet, i am addicted to journals and journaling, thus i sit here often staring at the screen, wondering what should i write.......or which journal should i read.... and before you know it, i have wasted half a day, and accomplished little to nothing......

does anyone else out there in j-land have this same affliction?  i know i cannot be the only one.  i would spend all my time between making my homemade jewelry and journaling if i was given the choice......and we all know that a sedentary lifestyle is bad for you.......so........maybe i should do some chair arobics or something....lol.....one....two....three....lift..........

well that was work, lol.............i did wish to tell all those that visit my journal occasionally that i appreciate your comments, and your time and to all those whose journals i enjoy so much, thank you for letting me into your world.  the cyber world seems so safe........we can sit in our pj's and type to millions of people (or naked too, though i don't do that, remember, i have cats, lol) and feel good about ourselves, if only for a few minutes a day.  i have learned since being in j-land that there are hundreds of lonely depressed people out there who just need a friendly "hello, how are you today?".  i am not saying that all who frequent the computer via different avenues are lonely or depressed, just that i have met quite a few since being online.  but i also will say that there are many out there that have helped me make it through another day... whether with their inspirational comments/journals, or with their humor (mark graves comes to mind here, lol), or even with their beautiful pictures taken for their own pleasure, and shared with all of us.  to each and every person out there in journal land who has somehow touched my life......i offer a GREAT BIG

                       

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me Regina, You are not alone. LOL
And, Thank You too! :O)

Anonymous said...

does writing stories poems and love letters count? if so i am more addicted than u i write dozens a day that i never send feeling i am  poor kettle of fish to get into. today  i missed a chance to spend time. because i was so down i went to a shower and left  my computer on. sigh i admit i am a dip lol well despite  i do care for this lovely woman who still is all i could ever dream of. maybe one day she will know how deeply.  keep journaling  and shareing ur stories they are treasured at least by one reader....... aaron

Anonymous said...

It is me AGAIN~
Hi Regina,
I know I sent an email, but I had to leave a message in your journal after I read this entry. I could just picture you lifting your computer chair up and down (over your head no less) one...two....three...lift....LOL  :)))))  DON'T DROP IT ON YOUR HEAD....

Believe me you ARE NOT the only one that sits for HOURS in front of this 21st century "boob" tube!

I like you live alone at the age of 54, no kids at home, no mate, just a dog and cat, but I DO sit in front on my computer naked...{{{{{scary}}}}}....they won't even stay in the same room with me. : ))) heeeeeeheeeee  and that's probably why I have no mate!! Good thing we can't all see each other in our journals {{{{yikes}}}}!

I love your journal...been seeing you on the message board too. I don't often hop in with any comments or anything, I am a "lurker."    :)  

Come and visit me sometime...sounds like we have some things in common. We'll  "SIT" and chat!
Have a wonderful Saturday.
Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/LovingIt

Anonymous said...

Just stopped by, and felt a comment was better left on this entry than your most current one... wanted to thank you for dropping one of on mine recently. Once I got here, I started reading and do believe I will be back on a regular basis. Though, Im usually a lurker, I know comments brighten my day and have been trying to do that more on others. As far as working out goes.. think of how fit your fingers must be- I count that as exercise! lol.. And journaling, Ive noticed, whether just reading others or writing in one of my own, has actually strengthed my mind, heart and soul. And arent those just as important to exercise as the body?
Will be back...Take Care :)
~ Christy~