Saturday, July 31, 2004

NEW CAR

i don't usually post things about my daughter in this journal, only in my private journal.........but i guess i wanted to know i am not alone in this thing called parenthood........

just got a call from my daughter, who is 18-1/2, telling me that her paternal grandparents just called and told her they had purchased her a 1997 honda prelude.  she was ecstatic.........since she has been trying to save up money to put down on one, and since she has been unsuccessful in doing so.........

she told me she had been crying for the last 3 days because she didn't have a car, needed to go and find a job, since the one she has had all summer is over now, and because she hasn't saved up the money she needs.  i mentioned to her that crying wasn't going to help, just make her sick.  she suddenly told me that she didn't want to fight with me, and was going to hang up..........i tried to explain to her i wasn't upset, wasn't fussing, and was very excited for her.   but she wouldn't listen, started crying again, and hung up. 

my heart hurts so when she does that............for i meant her no harm, no ill, no foul..........was just being a mother..........and that is what seems to get me into the most trouble........

my daughter moved out the day before her 17th birthday and moved in with a so called friend of mine........who turned out later to be a partier, drinker, and curser.  i thought it was ok for her to move in with her, since she was 38, had a 4 yr old daughter, and went to church with me, and i had known her for 6 years.  i was wrong in my thinking.  now my daughter looks at me as the enemy, and even has some of her new-found friends calling this woman her "mother".  it really hurts..........all of it........

i always tried to be a good mother to my daughter, even though her father chose not to be a part of her life till now.  it just hurts so when something like this happens.........i wanted her to know i am excited for her...........but i am also frightened to death.......for the car is a sports car and she already drives like a maniac..........

well, i have vented, and don't feel a whole lot better.  maybe some mother (or father) out there can share some "pearls of wisdom" that will make it all seem better.  sigh...............

my baby when she was 4.............and 1997 honda prelude

                       HONDAPRELUDE1997.bmp

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! shes beautiful! I know how you feel. My oldest is 18. She is moving out tomorrow and my heart is broken. She just wants to be on her own. She has her best friend as a roommate. They will live only 10 min, away, but I am worried about her starting Dental hygeniest school in January. I hope she will keep up with school, work and her bills. I have to trust in God that it will turn out good. God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little girl Regina. I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. All I can say is pray on it and hope for the best. God Bless, Lahoma

Anonymous said...

YEs prayer is about all you can do now. Sorry to hear about your "FRIEND" and your daughter. Its good to post in the journal and atleast hear others are out there and have been or are going thru this. My 23 year old daughter (Tracy)lives at home with us. I also have a 16 year old(Rachael). Thier father left me when I was three months pg with the youngest. God gave me a wonderful man whom they call Dad and the oldest changed her name at age 18 the day she turned that she started the paper work. the youngest eagerly awaits the day. Thier father has not been in thier life either. NO not one visit since Tracy was 7!!!!!!! Tracy had a guy she was seeing a few years ago. He nearly turned her against us and she almost moved out. IT was a big mistake this guy. Luckily I felt I had to listen to God. I felt this heavy cloud over my house like my prayers could not be going up. The next day she was to move out. At two am I left the house with my big dog. left note for hubby and drove to motel in near by town. I went there to pray. I sat there for two solid hours praying and cyring. Hubby had woke up and called me. I siad I would behome. in a bit. I came home and sun was coming up. We talked things changed. She stayed broke it off with this boy and now cant understand waht came over her. She trashed all his things!!!!!! We prayed over the four corners of our propety that weekend and blasted the devil out of our home and all has been well in fact she touts the idea of courship and taking it slow dating on her journal. I have hers and her sisters journal listed in last week j entry in my journal. IPray Father in heaven grant peace and safey and untity to this family. Open the daughters eyes. Lori

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart......she's at that "weird" age . It'll get better. My son is 17 and feelin a bit blue that HE doesnt have a car. Ive explained he's got to get and keep a job. He doesnt understand that IF I COULD give him a car, I would. He feels a bit dejected because most of his friends parents have bought them cars already. I wish things were different, but what can ya do?  TRY not to worry TOO much about the type of car (wish it was mine...lol) and give your worries to GOD.....trust that he will take care of her

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart......she's at that "weird" age . It'll get better. My son is 17 and feelin a bit blue that HE doesnt have a car. Ive explained he's got to get and keep a job. He doesnt understand that IF I COULD give him a car, I would. He feels a bit dejected because most of his friends parents have bought them cars already. I wish things were different, but what can ya do?  TRY not to worry TOO much about the type of car (wish it was mine...lol) and give your worries to GOD.....trust that he will take care of her