Friday, July 2, 2004

THE JOY OF A FROG

THE DRYER, PART ONE

maybe i should have entered "silly" as my mood, for i am actually being silly by using the wingdings above.  but alas, this is about the frogs, not me.  i have a "landing" as opposed to a porch on the front of my house.  this "landing" is about 3 foot by 3 foot, and has 3 steps up to it.  i have a toad abode that i bought years ago, and i put it on the "landing" for looks.  but shortly after i put out the toad abode, there appeared two toads.  i assumed they were living in the abode, but obviously not.  i have an area rug slung over my "landing" railing, and it comes about an inch above the concrete.  when i walked up on my "landing" this evening, the two little toads hopped out from under the lip of the rug, and scared me to death, lol.  i usually have to shoo them out of my way when i come in at night, but this time, they came out to greet me it seemed.  the other night i was sitting in my living room, on the sofa, which is up against the front wall, under a couple of windows.  i was working on my handmade jewelry when suddenly i hear this really strange throaty noise right behind me.  scared the bejeebers out of me.  my cat from hades was sitting next to me on the sofa, and she stood up, all fur standing on end.  i just knew we had been possessed by the devil himself, lol.  i pulled up the blinds, and behind a little keykeeper i have on the window ledge outside was a tree frog.  omg, i love tree frogs!  i have had tree frogs in every house i have lived in, and in one residence, i had three that would let me pet them, and hold them.  i was being serenaded by a baby tree frog.  how cute.  ok ok, i know, not everyone loves toads or tree frogs, but hey, it was exciting for me, since i live such a mundane life.  so, that is my story of the frog and toads.  you have to give me credit for at least having an entry with some glee and happiness. 

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi: Just happened upon your journal. Once we kept hearing a noise outside at night sounding like some kind of bird. This went on for some time. We finally took flashlights and searched it down and my husband said it was a tree frog. Paula

Anonymous said...

EXCELLENT froggie story; can't believe you've never shared this side of you with me B4!  Love ya GF, IllustratedFrog

Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful story. It made me LOL! :O)

Lahoma