Saturday, July 24, 2004

DREAMS

      

I have to dream... I have to dream


What’s a dream
When there’s no chance
Of it coming true?
What’s the point
Of dreaming
Or wishing on a star
When the hope
Slowly dies
Day after day after day?

Maybe dreams do come true
But when you wish for it
Every day and every night,
Ever hour and
Every single minute
The chances of it
Coming true
Seems to fade with
The passing days.

So many dreams shattered
Broken inside and out
Never to be dreamt again,
And many dreams are lost
To the dreamer’s fading hope,
It’s so hard to believe
In the power of a dream
When the dream seems to
Stay a dream forever.

So why dream when
It gets you nothing?
Why hang on to lost dreams
When it seems like
They’re better off lost?
Why should I have faith?
Why should I be strong
When it seems like
It’s impossible to do?
Why should I keep dreaming?
Why should I even be?

I’m always dreaming,
Always wishing
Just for someone
To hold me through the night,
To wipe my tears away
And give me strength
When I have none,
But there’s no one
No one at all…

So the more I wish,
The more I dream,
The more I want
The more I cry.
My hopes fade
Little by little
And my dream drifts
Further away from
Reality every day,
The more it’s just
A dream

But what’s a dream
Without the dreamer?
And what’s a wish
Without the wisher?
Nothing…
Absolutely nothing.

Fading hopes
And fading dreams,
Yet still I
Have to believe, I
Have to hang on
To the dream
Cause I have
No other choice.

I am a dreamer
And I have to dream,
Even if my dream
Is just a dream
That’ll never come true,
I have to dream.
I have to…

author unknown

 

 

No comments: