Tuesday, March 27, 2007

HOW COULD I EVER DOUBT HIM?

how often we get bound up in our own earthly worlds, and forget that GOD IS IN CHARGE.  all we really have to do is believe and turn it over to Him. 

after my tire incident, i thought i was fine.  the last thing i need to worry about is having car problems.  that is the only thing that gets me to the meager job i have.  but as life is always full of little "incidents", another occurred.  a couple of weeks ago i started rolling my window down some instead of turning on the fan or air conditioning.  i noticed the smell of antifreeze.  i checked the temperature gauge, and it was at the same position as always..........so i didn't think anything more about it. 

a couple more times i smelled the antifreeze, but still the gauge was ok.  since i was off for four days last week, i thought it would be a good time to check my car.  i turned on the air conditioner, and nothing happened.  the air never cooled, and i never heard the familiar "thud" of the air conditioning coming on.  so i checked the belts, and they all looked fine.  i live in an area where there are a lot of squirrels, and i figured maybe chip 'n dale had chewed through something.  then i noticed that the two large fans that cool the radiator were not working.  i thumped, pulled, prodded........nothing.  ok, so that means that my radiator could overheat.  i couldn't have anything done at that point, and since it was so late, i decided to go ahead and drive to work on monday and just keep an eye on the gauge. 

i made it through monday just fine.  today (tuesday) i took my car by my usual auto place and asked them if they could tell me what might be wrong, but that i didn't have the money to fix anything today.  he got a mechanic to look at it, and he came back in about 10 minutes and told me he unplugged the fan and dusted it off, then replugged it, and now they are working fine.  so maybe the jiggling of my bad old tires made it come undone, or chip 'n dale were at work, lol.  either way, it works now.  the air still doesn't work, but he said that was because there was no freon in there. 

i asked them how much i owed them and the guy behind the counter said nothing.  i asked if the guys in the shop can take tips, and he said yes, so i dug out my last $4 and told him it wasn't much, but i wanted him to have it.  he took it out to him.

so...............you see..............i remembered last night, as i lay in bed trying to go to sleep, that God is in control.  i asked God to please let them find something minor wrong with my car and that the money to fix it would come my way.  God, in His infinite wisdom, had the car fixed for the minimal fee of $4.  THANK YOU GOD!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of you to give that man your last $4.00 as a tip and I'm glad they found the problem for you. I might as well be a woman alone for as much help that John gives me. Recently I got a bird caught behind the grill of my truck. I couldn't get the hood open so I had to dig it out with one of those thingies that you can pick things up with. Paula

Anonymous said...

That really is a good shop, I see why you like dealing with them.  I'm glad it was something simple and was fixed quickly.  Freon is not that bad to replace, but it can be expensive if you are still using the R-12.  If you are, you might want to ask about an R134a retrofit which will convert your system to the newer/cheaper stuff.  It might be more cost effective.

Greg