Tuesday, March 6, 2007

WATER MYSTERY

well the water mystery has been solved.  the day after i discovered my problem, i wrote a letter to my landlord and took it by the city hall and left it with his secretary.  it just asked him to check into my not having any hot water in my bathroom. 

the next morning as i was crossing through the landing to get to the kitchen, i noticed what looked like a note tacked up on the front door.  i went down and retrieved it, and it was from the caretaker.  he was apologizing for shutting off my water.  he and the man who is helping him remodel the downstairs bathroom shut it off for 10 minutes to fix something down there, and forgot to turn it back on, lol.  he said in the note he would never ever do that again, lol.  i hope not, lol.

of course, being an old house, when the water was turned back on, there was a lot of gunk in it.  rust, and who knows what else.  after it ran clear i took my shower.  i don't need a rusty glow.......lol.

so, the great mystery of 2007 has been solved....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I figured it was something related to the rennovations in the other unit.  But, this was an easier fix that I had figured.  I'm glad it is all figured out and you are clean again...albeit without that rusty glow.

Greg

Anonymous said...

Glad the water mystery of 2007 is solved. A hot water bath is heaven. paula