Thursday, March 15, 2007

STEP 1,124,429

first............THANK YOU BECKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok........i went yesterday and bought a flash drive with 1 gb of space.  it was on sale at radio shack (thank goodness) for $20.  i am here at the library now, and had becky, an old friend of my daughter's who works here, download the installation cd for my wireless-g adaptor to the flash drive.  so far success.  now.........i have to go back home and plug this booger in to see if i can install my wireless adaptor.  and hopefully, once installed, i will have wireless access at my house, and won't have to make this long trek to use a computer for internet access.  due to my usual streaks of bad luck, i am not holding my breath over this...........i just hope it works.  it is nickel and diming me to death.  after all is said and done, i could have bought a whole new computer with wireless built in, lol.

man am i full.............every time i come to this particular library, i eat at captain d's which they built nearby about 3 months ago.  i love the regular fish platter, which has two pieces of regular fish and two hush puppies, along with fries.  i seldom eat the fries, but love the fish and puppies.  mostly the fish is nothing more than tons of batter with little pieces of fish somewhere inside, but i love to pour that vinegar on it and cover it with tartar sauce.  i can feel my arteries closing as we speak...........

ok, in a few i am off to try becoming wireless..........................

(thank you to everyone who still reads my ramblings and makes an occasional comment.  it means so much..............and jeannette.......my prayers and thoughts are with you my dear friend)

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the wireless access works out for you.  Your string of bad luck is bound to be broken soon.  I'm going to have to eat at Captain D's, I've never tried it before, and you make it sound so good.

Greg

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your journal and thank you for commenting mine. Good luck with your flash drive. Paula