Tuesday, April 3, 2007

OUR HOUSE

i was going to wait until i was able to buy a camera with flash before i put in any pictures of the 110 year old house i live in, but since spring has sprung, and the flowers are so pretty, i had to go ahead and share.  now, remember, i am not greg kiser, nor do i have a good camera.  these were all taken with my digi cam bought at my church yard sale for $5.  so bear with me, ok??

 

first,

this is a view from the driveway onto the porch.  the little black dot in the middle of the frame on the roof is either chip or dale, one of my resident squirrels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a better shot of chip or dale.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

these are dogwood blooms up close and personal (taken on my back steps)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a shot from further out in the driveway, near the street, showing the front porch and most of the front of the house.  i have no way to control the brightness of the pic, and since the roof is tin and shiny, it reflected the sun.  i have learned that i should only take pics of the house on cloudy days, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

another shot of the front of the house, flag and all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a great shot of the side porch and the humongous cluster of pink azaleas in the yard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now this isn't in my yard, but i had to take a picture of it.....it is a cherry tree at the post office in a nearby town.  the color didn't come through well, but the tree was so beautiful in person.  beauty like this makes the pollen so much more tolerable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok, now this is one you have to really look closely at.  in the very center of the picture, on the side porch roof, there is a white kitty.  this is one of the resident kitties that i think were abandoned by previous tenants.  they are feral, but this one lets me get pretty close.  she just sat there and let me take her picture.  must be a little prima donna.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this is a much better shot of the little lady.  i have no idea how she gets up there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

now she looks like she is telling me to back off, lol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

so i did..................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this was taken out my side kitchen window, and the windows are quite dirty.  there is no way to wash the windows unless you have scaffolding or very long ladders.  i have neither.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

this, too, was taken out that same window............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i will stop with the house and critters pics for now.  i will have pictures of my daughter and her boyfriend and MY kitty in another entry.

hope you enjoyed sharing these with me..........................

PS:  I FOUND THE FOLLOWING PIC OF MY BACK STEPS.  NOTE.......THE LITTLE WHITE DOT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STAIRWAY IS THE WHITE KITTY.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your house is so charming and the flowers are beautiful. Looks like a lot of up-keep that I probably couldn't do anymore but I love the old houses. There is an area in San Antonio I love to drive through called the King William District. Paula

Anonymous said...

I love your house, it looks like a real gem.  I wish they still made houses like that these days.  I just don't trust a house that gets built from dirt to furnished in less than 2 months.  My house has more creaks and squeaks than my Grandfather's house that is every bit of 50 years older than mine.  As far as the camera goes, you got a bargain for $5.00 for any digital.  The exposure of the shiney roof is difficult with any camera on a bright day.  Cloudy days are a photographer's dream...for the exact reason you mentioned.

Greg